Environmental Services Director
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
Allison Care Center is a premier memory support community featuring a wide array of care options including secure memory support, skilled short-term rehabilitation and long-term care. Certified memory care staff provide residents with individualized service plans designed to meet their unique needs. With close working ties to the Rocky Mountain Alzheimer’s Association, Allison Care Center offers an array of programming carefully designed to address challenges associated with memory impairment.
Our management company, VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING, is a nationally recognized leader and innovator in the long-term care industry. VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING is dedicated to person-centered care and we embrace the Eden Alternative™ philosophy. We bring “quality of life in aging” and “living well” to Long Term Care!
Currently, [Community Name] is seeking a [Status] ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES DIRECTOR at their [# of beds] bed skilled nursing community located in [City], [State].
The primary responsibility of the ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES DIRECTOR is to plan, organize, develop, and direct the overall operation of Housekeeping/Laundry Departments. A successful ENVIORNMENTAL SERVICES DIRECTOR in our community has these traits and attributes:
- Plan, develop, organize, evaluate, and direct the housekeeping/laundry department(s).
- Assume the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability of directing the housekeeping/laundry departments.
- Develop and maintain written departmental policies and procedures; interpret the department’s policies and procedures to employees, residents, and visitors.
- Review the department’s policies, procedure manuals, etc., at least annually for revisions.
- Coordinate housekeeping/laundry services and activities with other related departments.
- Make written and oral reports/recommendations to the Administrator as necessary/required, concerning operation of the departments.
- Identify, evaluate, and classify routine and job related functions to ensure that housekeeping/laundry tasks involving potential exposure to blood/body fluids are properly identified and recorded.
- Participate in facility surveys (inspections) made by authorized government agencies as necessary or as may be directed.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must be knowledgeable of housekeeping practices and procedures as well as the laws, regulations, and guidelines.
- Must maintain the care and use of supplies, equipment, etc., and maintain the appearance of housekeeping areas.
- Must perform regular inspections of resident rooms/units for sanitation, order, safety, and proper performance of assigned duties.
- Must maintain the care and use of supplies, equipment, the appearance of work areas, and perform regular inspections of food service areas for sanitation, order, safety, and proper performance of assigned duties.
- Must possess, as a minimum, a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Must have, as a minimum, three (3) years experience in a supervisory capacity in a hospital or other related medical facility. Training in environmental control policies and procedures preferred, but not required.
Allison Care Center is proudly a managed facility of
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, Females/Minority/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
No agencies or affiliates please.