Director of Rehabilitation
- Do you enjoyleading a clinical team among industry leaders?
- Are you aclinician who enjoys autonomy to create initiatives with strong support andresources?
- Can you foster teamwork to ensure the provision of the highestquality of care?
At Vivage, we’re recognized as a national leader drivinghigh quality service for our residents, their families and our employees. "Vivage" means "celebrating aging"inspiring our focus to create innovative and customer-driven models filled withpersonalized and meaningful living experiences. We are a senior healthcarecompany servicing 30 facilities in the Colorado area.
We are a solution driven company which provides rightcare.. right place.. right time. Our Mission, Vision and Pillars ofCommitment have come from our collective personal awareness and professional dedicationto the importance of each person we serve, each employee we work with, and eachbusiness partner we have. At Vivage, we bridge today’s healthcare opportunitieswith innovative strategies and solutions.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE:
The primary responsibility of the Director of Rehabilitation (DOR) is to successfully oversee all therapy departmental functions in conjunction with Center’s clinical and financial operational goals. The Director provides administrative supervision and requires extensive knowledge with management of all therapy clinicians.
Resident Care Duties:
- Plan, develop and implement clinical operational strategy for overall quality, effective and financial viability
- Responsible for overall clinical quality, integrity, and service excellence for the therapy department
- Monitor rehabilitation assessment and treatment delivery for evidence based skill and medical necessity compliance in all rehab environments
- Provide therapy assessments, as well as, develop and implement individualized treatment plans to increase client’s independence and functioning
- Supervise discipline specific assistants, students, volunteers and support personnel in accordance to state requirements and professional standards
- Participate in collaborative care conferences
- Participate in discharge and community mobility planning
- Function as a staff therapist as caseload requires
Business Clinical Operations:
- Recruit, hire, manage, direct and professionally develop therapy staff
- Prepares reports regarding rehabilitation services, ie. utilization, compliance audits, performance improvement, service data, outcome data, productivity
- Assist in formulating budget, evaluate departmental performance and takes appropriate action to remain in budgetary guidelines
- Provide education and training to patient, caregiver, and community partners
- Perform other duties as defined
Sales, Marketing, and Business Department
- Participate and represent in Rehabilitation marketing and clinical excellence events
- Participate in census development activities and promote business opportunities
- Represent community in activities as means of promoting the organization and mission
- Ensures therapy area is maintained in a clean and tour ready state at all times
- Assist with educational activities within center and with professional partners
- Participate in therapy student development and educational programs
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Knowledge of current Physical, Occupational, and Speech Therapy practices and procedures including laws, regulations and guidelines that pertain to setting and population served
- Understanding of payer reimbursement and strategy
- Knowledge of competency proficiency areas including patient care, program development, supervisory responsibilities, documentation and therapy software responsibilities, patient rights, and safety and sanitation
- Working knowledge computer and software applications used in job functions including Google, Microsoft office, and Rehab Optima Software preferred
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Current, unencumbered, active Colorado licensed Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist or Speech Language Pathologist (required)
- BSL/CPR as requested
- Clinical and supervisory experience in skilled nursing or post acute rehab environment
- Minimum three (3) years therapy related experience preferred
- Minimum two (2) years skilled nursing rehabilitation management preferred