Director of Nursing I Valley View
Director of Nursing (DON)
- Do you enjoy leading a clinical team among industry leaders?
- Are you a clinician who enjoys autonomy to create initiatives with strong support and resources?
- Can you foster teamwork to ensure the provision of the highest quality of care?
At Vivage, we’re recognized as a national leader driving high quality service innovation for seniors and value for our investors. "Vivage” means "celebrating aging” inspiring our focus to create innovative and customer-driven models filled with personalized and meaningful living experience. We are a solution driven company which provides right care…right place…right time. We are a senior healthcare company servicing 30 facilities in the Colorado area.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
The primary responsibility of your job role is to develop, organize and direct overall operation of our Nursing Service Department, following the current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern long term care and skilled nursing facilities. You are entrusted to ensure that the highest degree of quality care will always be provided to our residents.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to;
Care and Care Coordination
- Coordinate resident care with other departments.
- Perform administrative duties such as: completing medical documents, reports, evaluations, studies, charting etc.
- Evaluate accident/incident reports and implement interdisciplinary solutions
- Assure adequate supplies are available including but not limited to pharmaceuticals, resident personal supplies and equipment
- Prepare plan of care for each resident that identifies the problems/needs, indicate the care to be given, goals to be accomplished and which professional service is responsible for each element of care.
- Coordinate with outside agencies including but not limited to; hospitals, hospice, home health, lab, x-ray, DME companies, etc.
- Develop, organize, implement, evaluate and direct the nursing service department
- Develop, organize, implement and evaluate programs and activities including but not limited to; restorative nursing, QAPI etc.
- Prepare, plan, schedule and participate in nursing service meetings
- Determine and ensure appropriate staffing to meet the needs of the residents
- Interview, select and assist in on-boarding of qualified staff for the nursing services department
- Provide employee reviews, employee feedback, corrective actions and determine dismissal of nursing services employees
- Make rounds to assess quality of care performance and teamwork by employees, assuring quality service and safety
- Maintain confidentiality and rights of resident, family, employee and facility information in compliance with PHI HIPAA policies and applicable regulations and company policy
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Knowledge of computer systems including Point Click Care
- Working knowledge of long-term care and skilled nursing state and federal regulations
- Knowledge of nursing and medical practices, procedures and standards of care
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Experience: Minimum three(3) years of experience as a supervisor in a hospital or nursing facility
License: Current, unencumbered, active license to practice as RN in Colorado, CPR Certification
- Classification: Non-Exempt
- Maintain safe work environment and exhibits safe work practices
- Ability to work beyond normal working hours and on weekends and holidays as necessary
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, Gender/Minority/Veterans/Disabled
- Pass background, CAPs and pose no direct threat to the health or safety of individuals in the workplace
Vivage is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: Valley View