Director of Nursing I Brookshire
Director of Nursing (DON)
- Do you enjoy leading a clinical team among industry leaders?
- Are you a clinician who enjoys autonomy to create initiatives with strong support and resources?
- Can you foster teamwork to ensure the provision of the highest quality of care?
At Vivage, we’re recognized as a national leader driving high quality service for our residents, their
families and our employees. "Vivage” means "celebrating aging” inspiring our focus to create innovative
and customer-driven models filled with personalized and meaningful living experiences. We are a senior
healthcare company servicing 30 facilities in the Colorado area.
We are a solution driven company which provides right care….. right place…..right time. Our Mission,
Vision and Pillars of Commitment have come from our collective personal awareness and professional
dedication to the importance of each person we serve, each employee we work with, and each business
partner we have. At Vivage, we bridge today’s healthcare opportunities with innovative strategies and
Engaging Culture ~ Competitive Pay ~ Growth Opportunities ~ Great Benefits ~ Family Environment ~ Payactiv
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE:
The primary responsibility of your job role is to develop, organize and direct overall operation of our Nursing Service Department, following the current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern long term care and skilled nursing facilities. You are entrusted to ensure that the highest degree of quality care will always be provided to our residents.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to;
Care and Care Coordination
- Coordinate resident care with other departments.
- Perform administrative duties such as: completing medical documents, reports, evaluations, studies, charting etc.
- Evaluate accident/incident reports and implement interdisciplinary solutions
- Assure adequate supplies are available including but not limited to pharmaceuticals, resident personal supplies and equipment
- Prepare plan of care for each resident that identifies the problems/needs, indicate the care to be given, goals to be accomplished and which professional service is responsible for each element of care.
- Coordinate with outside agencies including but not limited to; hospitals, hospice, home health, lab, x-ray, DME companies, etc.
- Develop, organize, implement, evaluate and direct the nursing service department
- Develop, organize, implement and evaluate programs and activities including but not limited to; restorative nursing, QAPI etc.
- Prepare, plan, schedule and participate in nursing service meetings
- Determine and ensure appropriate staffing to meet the needs of the residents
- Interview, select and assist in on-boarding of qualified staff for the nursing services department
- Provide employee reviews, employee feedback, corrective actions and determine dismissal of nursing services employees
- Make rounds to assess quality of care performance and teamwork by employees, assuring quality service and safety
- Maintain confidentiality and rights of resident, family, employee and facility information in compliance with PHI HIPAA policies and applicable regulations and company policy
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Knowledge of computer systems including Point Click Care
- Working knowledge of long-term care and skilled nursing state and federal regulations
- Knowledge of nursing and medical practices, procedures and standards of care
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum three(3) years of experience as a supervisor in a hospital or nursing facility
- Current, unencumbered, active license to practice as an RN in Colorado, CPR Certification
Vivage is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: Brookshire