Director of Nursing (DON) - Uptown Care Center
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Category (Portal Searching)
VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING, is a nationally recognized leader and innovator in the long-term care industry. VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING is dedicated to person-centered care and we embrace the Eden Alternative™ philosophy. We bring “quality of life in aging” and “living well” to Long Term Care!.
This position would be out of our Uptown Care Center location. 745 East 18th Avenue, Denver, CO 80203
VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING, a nationally recognized leader and innovator in the long-term care industry, is seeking an experienced DIRECTOR OF NURSING to successfully lead the nursing team at one of our Denver Metro area skilled nursing communities. Our Directors of Nursing receive proven systems of care, technical nursing support, opportunities for professional development and more! In this position, you will have the opportunity to be an integral part of our Culture Change journey as you lead the clinical staff in planning, organizing, developing and directing overall operations of the nursing department.
- Must possess a current, unencumbered, active license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state.
- Must possess a valid and unrestricted Driver’s License.
- Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age-related needs of the residents served.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully when personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Must possess the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures, etc., that are necessary for providing quality care.
- Must be able to relate information concerning a resident’s condition.
- Must be knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines that pertain to nursing care facilities.
- Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, as well as willingness to handle difficult residents.
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
- Must have, as a minimum, three (3) years of experience as a supervisor in a hospital, nursing care facility, or other related health care facility. Must have, as a minimum (6) months experience in rehabilitative and restorative nursing practices.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, Gender/Minority/Veterans/Disabled
No Agencies or Affiliates, please.