Director of Nursing - Aurora (Fitzsimons)
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Category (Portal Searching)
VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING, is a nationally recognized leader and innovator in the long-term care industry. VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING is dedicated to person-centered care and we embrace the Eden Alternative™ philosophy. We bring “quality of life in aging” and “living well” to Long Term Care!
VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING, a nationally recognized leader and innovator in the long-term care industry, is seeking an experienced DIRECTOR OF NURSING to successfully lead the nursing team at one of our skilled nursing facilities in the Aurora (Fitzsimons) area. Our Directors of Nursing receive proven systems of care, technical nursing support, opportunities for professional development and more! In this position, you will have the opportunity to be an integral part of our Culture Change journey as you lead the clinical staff in planning, organizing, developing and directing overall operations of the nursing department.
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, evaluate, and direct the nursing service department, as well as its programs and activities.
- Develop, maintain, and periodically update written policies and procedures that govern the day-to-day functions of the nursing service department.
- Perform administrative duties such as completing medical forms, reports, evaluations, studies, charting, etc., as necessary.
- Determine the staffing needs.
- Recommend the number and level of nursing personnel to be employed.
- Assist in calculating the number of direct nursing personnel care on duty each shift.
- Ensure that all nursing assistants are enrolled in or have graduated from an approved training program.
- Develop work assignments and schedule duty hours.
- Make daily rounds of the nursing service department to ensure all nursing personnel are performing their work assignments.
- Review complaints and grievances made or filed by department personnel.
- Ensure that disciplinary action is administered fairly.
- Participate in the interviewing and selection of residents for admission.
- Develop a written plan of care for each resident that identifies the problems/needs, indicated the care to be given, goals to be accomplished, and which professional service is responsible for each element of care.
- Prepare and plan the nursing service department’s budget and submit to the Administrator.
- Schedule, attend, and participate in nursing service meetings.
- Demonstrate a passion for caring as evidenced by interaction with co-workers, residents, families, and visitors.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Must possess a current, unencumbered, active license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state.
- Must possess a valid and unrestricted Driver’s License.
- Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age-related needs of the residents served.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully when personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Must possess the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures, etc., that are necessary for providing quality care.
- Must be able to relate information concerning a resident’s condition.
- Must be knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines that pertain to nursing care facilities.
- Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, as well as willingness to handle difficult residents.
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
- Must have, as a minimum, three (3) years of experience as a supervisor in a hospital, nursing care facility, or other related health care facility. Must have, as a minimum (6) months experience in rehabilitative and restorative nursing practices.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, Gender/Minority/Veterans/Disabled
No Agencies or Affiliates, please.
If you are interested, please submit an application online or send your resume directly to Talent Acquisition Manager, Gwendolyn Cole at GCole@vivage.com.