Housekeeping/Maintenance Manager - Aviva at Fitzsimons
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
Our management company, VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING, is a nationally recognized leader and innovator in the long-term care industry. VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING is dedicated to person-centered care and we embrace the Eden Alternative™ philosophy. We bring “quality of life in aging” and “living well” to Long Term Care!
We are hiring a full-time Housekeeping/Maintenance Manager at our new community, Aviva at Fitzsimons, in Aurora, Colorado!
The primary responsibility of the Housekeeping/Maintenance Manager is to plan, organize, develop, and direct the overall operation of Housekeeping/Laundry Departments following the current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern long term care and assisted living facilities. In this role, you are entrusted to assure that our facility is maintained in a clean, safe, and comfortable manner.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan, develop, organize, evaluate, and direct the housekeeping/laundry/maintenance department(s).
- Assume the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability of directing said departments.
- Develop and maintain written departmental policies and procedures; interpret the department’s policies and procedures to employees, residents, and visitors.
- Review the department’s policies, procedure manuals, etc., at least annually for revisions.
- Coordinate services and activities with other related departments.
- Make written and oral reports/recommendations to the Administrator as necessary/required, concerning operation of the departments.
- Identify, evaluate, and classify routine and job related functions to ensure that housekeeping/laundry/maintenance tasks involving potential exposure to blood/body fluids are properly identified and recorded.
- Participate in facility surveys (inspections) made by authorized government agencies as necessary or as may be directed.
- Review and develop a plan of correction for noted during survey inspections and provide a written copy of such to the Administrator.
- Keep abreast of economic conditions/situations and recommend to the Administrator adjustments in services that assure the continued ability to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable environment.
- Prepare and plan department’s budget.
- Maintain current written records of department expenditures and assure that adequate financial records and cost reports are submitted upon request or as necessary.
- Perform administrative managerial duties such as writing reports, completing performance evaluations, etc.
- Develop and maintain work schedule for all employees; define work assignments, cleaning schedules, etc.
- Monitor absenteeism and hold employees accountable to policies. Enforce all community policies as written in employee handbook.
- Schedule and announce departmental meeting times, dates, place, etc.
- Recruit and select of personnel within specified departments. Review and check competence of personnel and make necessary adjustments/corrections. Counsel, discipline, or terminate if as necessary.
- In absence of Supervisor, may conduct departmental performance evaluations.
- Develop and participate in the planning, conducting, scheduling, of in-service training classes, on-the-job training, and orientation programs.
- Demonstrate a passion for caring as evidenced by interaction with co-workers, residents, families, and visitors.
- Perform all other duties, as assigned.
- Must possess, at minimum, a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Must have, at minimum, three (3) years experience in a supervisory capacity in a hospital or other related medical facility. Training in environmental control policies and procedures preferred, but not required.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must be knowledgeable of housekeeping practices and procedures as well as the laws, regulations, and guidelines.
- Must maintain the care and use of supplies, equipment, etc., and maintain the appearance of housekeeping areas.
- Must perform regular inspections of resident rooms/units for sanitation, order, safety, and proper performance of assigned duties.
- Must maintain the care and use of supplies, equipment, the appearance of work areas, and perform regular inspections of food service areas for sanitation, order, safety, and proper performance of assigned duties.
- Must possess, as a minimum, a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Must have, as a minimum, three (3) years experience in a supervisory capacity in a hospital or other related medical facility. Training in environmental control policies and procedures preferred, but not required.
Aviva at Fitzsimons is proudly a managed facility of
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, Females/Minority/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
No agencies or affiliates please.