Dietary Services Manager
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Food Service
Parkview is a skilled nursing facility that is dedicated to providing rehabilitation and behavioral health management. One of the unique aspects of Parkview is our Latino Program which includes a Hispanic neighborhood. Bilingual caregivers and staff have developed dining and life enrichment programs which cater to our Hispanic population. Enjoy the beautiful courtyard with a sheltered patio, working in the community garden or celebrating Cinco De Mayo.
Our management company, VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING, is a nationally recognized leader and innovator in the long-term care industry. VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING is dedicated to person-centered care and we embrace the Eden Alternative™ philosophy. We bring “quality of life in aging” and “living well” to Long Term Care!
Currently, Parkview Care Center is seeking a full time DIETARY SERVICES MANAGER at their 71 bed skilled nursing community located in Denver, Colorado.
The primary responsibility of the DIETARY SERVICES MANAGER is to assist the Dietician in planning, organizing, developing and directing the overall operation of the Food Service Department following the current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern long term care and assisted living facilities. You are entrusted to assure that quality nutritional services are provided on a daily basis and that the Food Service Department is maintained in a clean, safe, and sanitary manner. A successful DIETARY SERVICES MANAGER in our community has these traits and attributes:
- Inspect kitchen, dish room, food storage rooms, utility/janitorial closets, etc., for upkeep and supply control.
- Interview residents or family members, as necessary to obtain diet history.
- Participate in maintaining records of the resident’s food likes and dislikes.
- Provide substitute foods or similar nutritive value to residents who refuse food served.
- Assist in developing methods for determining the quality and quantity of food served.
- Ensure that menus are maintained and filed.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must be registered as a Food Service Director in this state.
- Must possess leadership ability and willingness to work harmoniously with and supervise other personnel.
- Must be knowledgeable of food services practices and procedures as well as the laws, regulations, and guidelines governing food services functions in nursing care facilities.
- Must maintain the care and use of supplies, equipment, and maintain the appearance of food service areas.
- Must perform regular inspections of food services service area for sanitation, order, safety, and proper performance of assigned duties.
- Must have the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret the programs goals, objectives, policies, procedures, etc ., of the Food Service Department.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully when personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
- Must possess, as a minimum, a high school diploma.
- Be a graduate of an accredited course in dietetic training approved by the American Dietetic Association.
- Must have, as a minimum five (5) years experience in a supervisory capacity in a hospital, nursing care facility, or other related medical facility.
- Must have training in cost control, food management, diet therapy, etc.
Parkview Care Center is proudly a managed facility of
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, Females/Minority/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
No agencies or affiliates please.