Dietary Services Manager
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Food Service
At North Star Community, we are dedicated to providing innovative services for all ages and needs. Whether you are coming to us for a short-term rehabilitation stay or have decided to call North Star your home, we care for the whole person – mind, body and spirit. Recognized by the by the National Multiple Sclerosis Society as a “Center for Promotion of Excellence in Long-Term Care”, North Star continues to champion innovative care for those afflicted with Multiple Sclerosis.
Our management company, VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING, is a nationally recognized leader and innovator in the long-term care industry. VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING is dedicated to person-centered care and we embrace the Eden Alternative™ philosophy. We bring “quality of life in aging” and “living well” to Long Term Care!
Currently, North Star Rehab and Care Community is seeking a DIETARY SERVICES MANAGER at their 85 bed skilled nursing community located in SW Denver,Colorado.
The primary responsibility of the DIETARY SERVICES MANAGER is to assist the Dietician in planning, organizing, developing and directing the overall operation of the Food Service Department following the current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern long term care and assisted living facilities. You are entrusted to assure that quality nutritional services are provided on a daily basis and that the Food Service Department is maintained in a clean, safe, and sanitary manner. A successful DIETARY SERVICES MANAGER in our community has these traits and attributes:
- Inspect kitchen, dish room, food storage rooms, utility/janitorial closets, etc., for upkeep and supply control.
- Interview residents or family members, as necessary to obtain diet history.
- Participate in maintaining records of the resident’s food likes and dislikes.
- Provide substitute foods or similar nutritive value to residents who refuse food served.
- Assist in developing methods for determining the quality and quantity of food served.
- Ensure that menus are maintained and filed.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must be registered as a Food Service Director in this state.
- Must possess leadership ability and willingness to work harmoniously with and supervise other personnel.
- Must be knowledgeable of food services practices and procedures as well as the laws, regulations, and guidelines governing food services functions in nursing care facilities.
- Must maintain the care and use of supplies, equipment, and maintain the appearance of food service areas.
- Must perform regular inspections of food services service area for sanitation, order, safety, and proper performance of assigned duties.
- Must have the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret the programs goals, objectives, policies, procedures, etc ., of the Food Service Department.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully when personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
- Must possess, as a minimum, a high school diploma.
- Be a graduate of an accredited course in dietetic training approved by the American Dietetic Association.
- Must have, as a minimum five (5) years experience in a supervisory capacity in a hospital, nursing care facility, or other related medical facility.
- Must have training in cost control, food management, diet therapy, etc.
North Star Rehabilitation and Care Community is proudly a managed facility of
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, Females/Minority/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
No agencies or affiliates please.