- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Food Service
Jackson Creek Senior Living is the vision of a group of individuals and organizations who sought to bring a quality and vibrant senior lifestyle to the Tri-Lakes area. The result is a new community opening in fall 2018, ready to serve and support your individual retirement choices. Located in the heart of it all, Jackson Creek Senior Living is a full-service senior community with independent living apartments, assisted living apartments and a memory care neighborhood.
Locally Owned, Designed and Built
Jackson Creek Senior Living is owned by local companies who shared a vision for senior living in Monument that would be unique to the local community, and not a template reproduced in other markets. Owners include Colorado Structures, Inc., of Colorado Springs. Established in 1978, CSI is a general contractor providing general contracting, construction management and design-build services. More than 90 percent of its business comes from repeat customers, a sign of quality workmanship. Minority owners for Jackson Creek include Greenwood Capital and Vivage Senior Living. All organizations are Colorado based and committed to excellence in senior living, including our architects and interior designers.
Managed by WellAge Senior Communities
Jackson Creek Senior Living is operated and managed by WellAge Senior Communities. A division of Vivage Senior Living, WellAge is a recognized, quality senior living manager, located in Colorado. Its experience includes senior independent housing, assisted living care and specialized programs for persons with Alzheimer’s, dementia and other types of memory loss and a community to developing communities that focus on the mind, body and spirit of residents living in these communities.
- Is managing multiple things at one time easy for you?
- Are you passionate about building relationships and connections with people?
- Do you like to collaborate and work as part of a team?
- Are you passionate about delivering high quality service?
Be a part of our new Senior Living community Jackson Creek Senior Living. Located in Monument nestled high on the beautiful Palmer Divide, Jackson Creek Senior Living is launching an expansive 127,885 square foot three-story design on 6.4 scenic acres. The community will offer 27 independent living apartments, 80 assisted living units and 30 memory care units and includes onsite parking with garages, surrounded by decorative landscaping and gardens. The elegant design gives a natural “Colorado feel” with colors of autumn orange, browns and grey surrounded by ornamental grasses and local perennials.
Amenities will include a dedicated focus on wellness, including a 24-hour onsite nurse, state-of-the-art call system, wander-management technology, clinic, therapy gym as well as personalized lifestyle recreation and leisure offerings. Jackson Creek will offer a variety of chef-prepared culinary and dining experiences and outdoor lifestyle experiences include walking paths with access to regional nature trails, decorative water features, and garden and horticulture areas. Jackson Creek will offer its own radio station, a convenient dog wash area and a hearing loop in select areas.
The Dietary Aide’s primary responsibility is to provide assistance in all food functions following the current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern long term care and assisted living facilities. The person in this role is entrusted to follow established policies and procedures as directed by the Dining Services Director in order to assist in food preparation, serve a well-balanced meal and maintain a clean and sanitary dining hall.
Dining Maintenance Duties: 50% time
- Ensure that food and supplies for the next meal are readily available.
- Assist in cleaning and sanitizing work areas, equipment and floors, dishes and utensils.
- Remove food trays from carts, dining rooms, etc.
- Perform dishwashing/cleaning procedures.
- Carry out garbage and keep work areas clean, dry and free of hazardous equipment.
- Wear protective clothing and equipment when handling infectious waste and/or blood/body fluids.
- Assist/direct daily or scheduled cleaning duties in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Must maintain the care and use of supplies, equipment, the appearance of work areas, and perform regular inspections of food service areas for sanitation, order, safety, and proper performance of assigned duties.
Dining Duties: 40% time
- Assist cook in preparing meals that are palatable and appetizing in accordance with established portion control procedures.
- Set up and deliver meal trays, food carts, etc., to designated areas.
- Assist in checking meal plates/trays before distribution.
- Serve food in dining room as instructed.
- Distribute and collect menus as necessary.
- Prepare and deliver snacks as instructed.
Department Duties: 10% time
- Attend and participate in facility mandatory in-service training programs as scheduled.
- Participate and assist in departmental studies and projects as assigned or that may become necessary.
- Maintain confidentiality of all pertinent resident care information including protected health information.
- Maintains a liaison with other department directors to adequately plan for food services/activities.
- Ability to multi-task
- Works efficiently and effectively
- Works well with people including staff, residents, families
- Has empathy, a caring attitude and sincere interest in others
- Ability to foster teamwork
- Enjoys working with older people
- Communicates clearly and effectively
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
Properly use supplies and maintain equipment; follow written and oral instructions concerning the mixture of cleaning compounds, liquids, cleaning instruction, etc.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Education: A minimum of an 8th grade education.
Experience: None, on the job training provided. Experience in the food industry preferred.
- Must be able to relate to and work with ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset, and at times hostile people within the facility.
- Must meet the general health requirements set forth by the policies of this facility, which may include a mental and physical examination.
- Must possess sight/hearing senses or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately so that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
- Must be able to taste and smell food to determine quality and palatable.
- Must be able to push, pull, move, and /or lift a minimum of 25 pounds to a minimum height of 5 feet and be able to push, pull, move, and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of 50 feet.
- May be necessary to assist in the evacuation of residents during emergency situations.
- Works in well-lighted/ventilated areas, atmosphere is warm for cooking.
- Moves intermittently during working hours.
- Is subject to frequent interruptions.
- Is involved with residents, personnel, visitors, government agencies/personnel, etc., under all conditions and circumstances.
- Communicates with the resident services staff, and other department supervisors.
- Attends and participates in continuing educational programs.
- May be subject to the handling of and exposure to hazardous chemicals.
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, Gender/Minority/Veterans/Disabled
No Agencies or Affiliates, please!