Dietary Aide - Brookshire House
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Food Service
Brookshire House Rehabilitation and Care Center is dedicated to providing rehabilitation and all stages of memory care services for those with Alzheimer's disease and dementia in a safe, welcoming environment. Brookshire is a premier choice for families in need of memory support. Along with working ties to the Rocky Mountain Alzheimer’s Association, we are a host site for the Alzheimer’s Association’s Art Therapy Program Memories in the Making. We also offer a family support group for dementia caregiver needs. Brookshire House features both secure and non-secure settings.
Our management company, VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING, is a nationally recognized leader and innovator in the long-term care industry. VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING is dedicated to person-centered care and we embrace the Eden Alternative™ philosophy. We bring “quality of life in aging” and “living well” to Long Term Care!
Currently, Brookshire House is seeking a Part time DIETARY AIDE at their 61 bed skilled nursing community located at 4660 E. Asbury Cir., Denver, CO. 80222.
The primary responsibility of a Dietary Aid is to provide assistance in all food functions following the current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern long term care and assisted living facilities. You are entrusted to follow established policies and procedures as directed by the Dietary Manager in order to assist in food preparation, serve a well-balanced meal and maintain a clean and sanitary dining hall.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist cook in preparing meals that are palatable and appetizing in accordance with established portion control procedures.
- Set up and deliver meal trays, food carts, etc., to designated areas.
- Assist in checking diet trays before distribution.
- Serve food in dining room as instructed.
- Ensure that food and supplies for the next meal are readily available.
- Assist in cleaning and sanitizing work areas, equipment and floors, dishes and utensils.
- Remove food trays from carts, dining rooms, etc.
- Perform dishwashing/cleaning procedures.
- Distribute and collect menus as necessary.
- Prepare and deliver snacks as instructed.
- Carry out garbage and keep work areas clean, dry and free of hazardous equipment.
- Wear protective clothing and equipment when handling infectious waste and/or blood/body fluids.
- Adheres to dress and jewelry requirements per health code regulations
- Assist/direct daily or scheduled cleaning duties in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Attend and participate in facility mandatory in-service training programs as scheduled.
- Participate and assist in departmental studies and projects as assigned or that may become necessary.
- Maintain confidentiality of all pertinent resident care information including protected health information.
- Demonstrate a passion for caring as evidenced by interaction with co-workers, residents, families, and visitors.
- Perform all other duties, as assigned.
- No experience required! On the job training provided.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully when personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Must be able to follow oral and written instructions.
- Must maintain the care and use of supplies, equipment, the appearance of work areas, and perform regular inspections of food service areas for sanitation, order, safety, and proper performance of assigned duties.
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
Brookshire House is proudly a managed facility of
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, Gender/Minority/Veterans/Disabled
No Agencies or Affiliates, please!