- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Food Service
Sierra Rehabilitation and Care Community is a diverse community with three distinct neighborhoods serving the needs with those of complex medical care requirements, mental health and memory support needs. Our innovative holistic programming serves a wide age range. Guests can get involved in our therapeutic work program or enjoy any of our frequent outings. We offer private room accommodations equipped with flat-screen TVs and phones for those in need of post-acute rehabilitation. Sierra’s memory support neighborhood, Legacy, provides guests with a beautifully renovated atmosphere and two distinct courtyards.
Our management company, VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING, is a nationally recognized leader and innovator in the long-term care industry. VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING is dedicated to person-centered care and we embrace the Eden Alternative™ philosophy. We bring “quality of life in aging” and “living well” to Long Term Care!
Currently, Sierra Rehabilitation and Care Community is seeking a PART TIME COOK at their 101 bed skilled nursing community located in Lakewood, CO.
The successful candidate will have open availability, work week days and weekends. Work week will include Thursday evenings (shift available: 10am to 6:30pm) and Sunday mornings (shift available: 4:30am to 1pm)
The primary responsibility of the COOK is to prepare food and ensure the nutritional care of residents. A successful COOK in our community has these traits and attributes:
- Review menus prior to preparation of food.
- Ensure that menus are maintained and filed in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Assist in establishing food service production line, etc, to assure that meals are prepared on time.
- Prepare meals with an appetizing appearance in accordance with planned menus.
- Serve food in accordance with established portion control procedures.
- Inspect special diet trays to assure the correct diet is served to the correct resident.
- Must be able to cook a variety of foods in large quantities.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must be knowledgeable of food procedures.
- Must possess, as a minimum, an 8th grade education.
- Prefer one year food experience in a supervisory capacity. It is preferred that the experience be in a hospital, nursing care facility, or other related medical facility.
Sierra Rehabilitation and Care Community is proudly a managed facility of
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, Females/Minority/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
No agencies or affiliates please.