- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Food Service
Our management company, VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING, is a nationally recognized leader and innovator in the long-term care industry. VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING is dedicated to person-centered care and we embrace the Eden Alternative™ philosophy. We bring “quality of life in aging” and “living well” to Long Term Care!
Come join our new AVIVA at Fitzsimons skilled nursing community as a full-time Cook! This is an exciting opportunity to be involved with the opening of a beautiful new facility in Aurora, CO.
The primary responsibility of the COOK is to prepare food and ensure the nutritional care of residents. A successful COOK in our community has these traits and attributes:
- Self motivated believes in hard work and good attendance
- Genuine concern for patients, empathetic and patient
- Must have compassion for and desire to work with seniors and in a Heath care in environment.
- Use initiative and judgment in setting up meals and utilizing leftovers to avoid waste.
- Handle and prepare food that is palatable, appetizing and attractive
- Must be able to cook a variety of foods in large quantities.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must be knowledgeable of food procedures.
- Must possess, as a minimum, an 8th grade education.
- Prefer one year food experience in a supervisory capacity. It is preferred that the experience be in a hospital, nursing care facility, or other related medical facility.
Aviva at Fitzsimons is proudly a managed facility of
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, Females/Minority/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
No agencies or affiliates please.