Cook - Highline
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Category (Portal Searching)
- Food Service
Highline Rehabilitation and Care Community offers one of Denver’s premiere post-acute rehabilitation programs for fast recovery and return to home. Our 36 spacious Post-Acute Transitional Care suites, complete with a state-of-the-art therapy gym, private entrance, upscale amenities offer a complete recovery program tailored to your personalized needs. If you are a guest staying for post-acute rehabilitation, our concierge program will tend to your individualized needs including personalized shopping, transportation, etc. Highline also features a secure memory care environment.
Our management company, VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING, is a nationally recognized leader and innovator in the long-term care industry. VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING is dedicated to person-centered care and we embrace the Eden Alternative™ philosophy. We bring “quality of life in aging” and “living well” to Long Term Care!
Currently, Highline Rehabilitation and Care Community is seeking a Full Time COOK at their 135 bed skilled nursing community located in Denver, CO.
The primary responsibility of the COOK is to prepare food and ensure the nutritional care of residents.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review menus prior to preparation of food.
- Ensure that menus are maintained and filed in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Assist in establishing food service production line, etc, to assure that meals are prepared on time.
- Prepare meals with an appetizing appearance in accordance with planned menus.
- Serve food in accordance with established portion control procedures.
- Inspect special diet trays to assure the correct diet is served to the correct resident.
- Make only authorized food substitutions.
- Tastes all prepared foods prior to service and adjusts as necessary for acceptance by residents
- Perform administrative requirements such as completing necessary forms, reports, etc., and submit to Dietary Manager
- Work with the facility’s dietician as necessary and implement recommended changes as required.
- Coordinate food service with other departments as necessary.
- Wear protective clothing and equipment when handling infectious waste and/or blood/body fluids.
- Adheres to dress and jewelry requirements per health code regulations
- Assist/direct daily or scheduled cleaning duties in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Attend and participate in facility mandatory in-service training programs as scheduled.
- Participate and assist in departmental studies and projects as assigned or that may become necessary.
- Maintain confidentiality of all pertinent resident care information including protected health information.
- Demonstrate a passion for caring as evidenced by interaction with co-workers, residents, families, and visitors.
- Must be able to cook a variety of foods in large quantities.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must be knowledgeable of food procedures.
- Must possess, as a minimum, an 8th grade education.
- Prefer one year food experience in a supervisory capacity. It is preferred that the experience be in a hospital, nursing care facility, or other related medical facility.
Highline is proudly a managed facility of
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, Females/Minority/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
No agencies or affiliates please.