Cook - Arbor View Assisted/Independent Living
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Category (Portal Searching)
- Food Service
Our management company, VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING, is a nationally recognized leader and innovator in the long-term care industry. VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING is dedicated to person-centered care and we embrace the Eden Alternative™ philosophy. We bring “quality of life in aging” and “living well” to Long Term Care!
Currently, Arbor View is seeking a full-time COOK at their Assisted and Independent Living community located in Arvada, Colorado.
This is a Full Time days position with full benefits offered.
The primary responsibility of the COOK is to prepare food and ensure the nutritional care of residents. A successful COOK in our community has these traits and attributes:
- Must be able to cook a variety of foods in large quantities.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully when personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public.
- Must be knowledgeable of food preperation and safe food handling procedures.
- Must be able to follow oral and written instructions.
- Must be able to scale recipes based on number of meals to be served.
- Must maintain the care and use of supplies, equipment, the appearance of work areas, and perform regular inspections of food service areas for sanitation, order, safety, and proper performance of assigned duties.
- Must be able to proactively adhere to documentation requirements.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must possess, as a minimum, an 8th grade education.
- Prefer one year food experience in a supervisory capacity. It is preferred that the experience be in a hospital, nursing care facility, or other related medical facility.
Arbor View is proudly a managed facility of
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, Females/Minority/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
No agencies or affiliates please.
Job Reference #: 2164