Charge Nurse - RN
Exciting opportunities to expand your Nursing experience. Behavior Health skills preferred.
Charge Nurse- RN
- Do you organize and prioritize your work?
- Are you a friendly person with a caring attitude?
- Can you solve problems effectively?
At Vivage, we’re recognized as a national leader driving high quality service innovation for seniors and value for our investors. "Vivage" means "celebrating aging" inspiring our focus to create innovative and customer-driven models filled with personalized and meaningful living experience. We are a solution driven company which provides right careright placeright time. We are a senior healthcare company servicing 30 facilities in the Colorado area. We are a senior health care, solution driven company which provides right care.. right place..right time. Our Mission, Vision and Pillars of Commitment have come from our collective personal awareness and professional dedication to the importance of each person we serve, each employee we work with, and each business partner we have. At Vivage we bridge today’s healthcare opportunities with innovative strategies and solutions.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
The primary responsibility of your job position is to provide direct nursing care to residents and to supervise the day-to-day nursing activities following the current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern long term care and skilled nursing facilities. You are entrusted to ensure that the highest degree of quality care will always be provided to our residents.
- Coordinate resident care with other departments and physician
- Perform administrative duties such as: completing medical documents, reports, evaluations, studies, charting etc.
- Admit, transfer and discharge residents as required
- Complete accident/incident reports
- Assure that resident abuse does not occur
- Complete rounds to assess, develop and implement various types of care needs on each resident including but not limited to; wound care, behavior management, respiratory care etc.
- Provide resident care according to physician orders and care plan.
- Administer medications and treatments according to physician orders and standard of practice.
- Coordinate with outside agencies including but not limited to; hospitals, hospice, home health, lab, x-ray etc.
- Assist with training, supervision, reviews and corrective action for nursing personnel
- Make rounds to assess the quality of care performance and teamwork by employees, assuring quality service
- Respond to resident and family grievances and report per policy
- Maintain safe work environment and exhibit safe work practices
- Demonstrate a passion for caring as evidenced by interaction with co-workers, residents, families and visitors
- Participate in QAPI and other quality improvement initiatives
- Perform other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Knowledge of computer systems including Point Click Care
- Working knowledge of long-term care and skilled nursing state and federal regulations (preferred)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- One-year experience in a long-term care environment (preferred)
- Current, unencumbered, active license to practice as an RN in Colorado, CPR Certification