Business Office Manager - Jackson, MO
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
We measure outcomes and successes based on what our residents, family members and employees consider important. We welcome and encourage you to take a tour to see and experience the difference at Jackson Manor. We take pride – whether you are staying with us for only a few days or you’ve decided to join us long term – to help you pursue fun activities, hobbies and stay involved in the community.
Our management company, VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING, is a nationally recognized leader and innovator in the long-term care industry. VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING is dedicated to person-centered care and we embrace the Eden Alternative™ philosophy. We bring “quality of life in aging” and “living well” to Long Term Care!
Currently, Jackson Manor Nursing Home is seeking a BUSINESS OFFICE MANAGER at their 90 bed skilled nursing community located in Jackson, MO.
The primary responsibility of the BUSINESS OFFICE MANAGER is to direct the overall administrative activitie following current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern long term care and assisted living facilities. In this role, you are entrusted to assure that proper administrative procedures are maintained at all times.
- Direct and coordinate the functions and activities of the business office.
- Implement written Vivage Policies and Procedures that govern the accounting functions of the facility.
- Maintain and reconcile census daily and monthly in software.
- Submit claims for all payer types accurately and timely in accordance to Vivage policy/protocol, and in compliance with all state and federal regulations.
- Monitor and collect Accounts Receivables. Report delinquent accounts to the Nursing Home Administrator.
- Comply with all State and Federal billing regulations.
- Maintain Medicaid billing records for 5615’s - alphabetically, by year.
- Maintain electronic and hard copy billing records for all payer sources.
- Record payments received to appropriate cash receipts journal.
- Post payments received to appropriate resident accounts.
- Participate in daily/weekly/monthly triple check process for Medicare and Managed Care resident claims.
- Prepare and mail monthly statements timely.
- Reconcile bank statements monthly.
- Close AR software in accordance to Vivage time frame.
- Prepare financial and statistical reports, as directed.
- Provide oversight of Resident Trust account per regulations and company policy. Provide each resident with a quarterly accounting of funds managed by the facility.
- Understand Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement policies.
- Maintain confidentiality of resident HIPAA information.
- Maintain and ensure resident financial files are complete with signed admission agreements and insurance documents.
- Oversight/Function of Payroll and Accounts Payable positions (i.e., refer to appropriate job description, as needed). May be responsible for Human Resource duties.
- Oversight of business office document archives.
- Demonstrate a passion for caring as evidenced by interaction with co-workers, residents, families, and visitors.
- Perform all other duties, as assigned.
- Must possess, as a minimum, a high school diploma. (AA Degree in Business Administration preferred but not necessary.)
- Prefer 1-3 years experience of nursing home business office functions.
- Must have knowledge of insurance procedures, contracts, etc., covering business transactions.
- Must have strong computer skills and knowledge of spreadsheet applications.
Jackson Manor Nursing Home is proudly a managed facility of
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, Gender/Minority/Veterans/Disabled
No Agencies or Affiliates, please!