Assistant Director of Nursing
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
Our rehabilitation experience at Harmony Pointe Nursing Center is part of a comprehensive, individualized care program. We offer many areas of special expertise including, Memory Care, advanced wound
care, and a nutrition/hydration program. Located in a residential community setting in a quiet neighborhood with tree lined streets, we have been an integral part of the community for many years.
With holistic care alternatives available, Harmony Pointe is invested in meeting your unique post-acute care needs.
Our management company, VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING, is a nationally recognized leader and innovator in the long-term care industry. VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING is dedicated to person-centered care and we embrace the Eden Alternative™ philosophy. We bring “quality of life in aging” and “living well” to Long Term Care!
Currently, Harmony Pointe Nursing Center is seeking a ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF NURSING (ADON) at their 120 bed skilled nursing community located in Lakewood.
The primary responsibility of the ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF NURSING position is to assist with planning, organizing, developing, and directing overall operation of our Nursing Service Department to ensure adequate and appropriate staffing of the facility nursing department to meet the needs of the residents based on budget, census, and as may be directed by facility administration current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern long term care and assisted living facilities.
The primary responsibility of your job position is to assist with planning, organizing, developing, and directing overall operation of our Nursing Service Department to ensure adequate and appropriate staffing of the facility nursing department to meet the needs of the residents based on budget, census, and as may be directed by facility administration current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern long term care and assisted living facilities.
- Self motivated believes in hard work and good attendance, a new hire should have passion for their job, patience, integrity, and a willingness to adapt to change.
- Easily manage multiple demands.
- Work directly with Director of Nursing, Staffing Coordinator.
- Warm friendly demeanor, demonstrate a passion for caring with co-workers, enjoys personal contact with Families and Residents.
- Schedule, attend, and participate in nursing service meetings.
- Must be a graduate of an approved Registered Nurse program. Must maintain a current, unencumbered, active license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing preferred.
- Must have, as a minimum, one (1) year of experience as a supervisor in a hospital, nursing care facility, or other related health care facility. Prefer a minimum (6) months experience in rehabilitative and restorative nursing practices.
- Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age-related needs of the residents served.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully when personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Must possess the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures, etc., that are necessary for providing quality care.
- Must be able to relate information concerning a resident’s condition.
- Must be knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines that pertain to nursing care facilities.
- Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, as well as willingness to handle difficult residents.
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
- Must be knowledgeable of computer systems, system applications, and other office equipment.