Amberwood - Maintenance Manager
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
At Amberwood Court Rehabilitation and Care Community, our mission is to provide services designed to care for the "whole person”, with rehabilitation, renewal, and recovery at the center of your wellness journey. Our Rehabilitation Suites allow you to relax in optimal privacy and comfort. Amberwood’s team of onsite therapists and clinical staff help with a broad range of medical needs including stroke recovery, fractures, hip and knee replacement, heart or respiratory issues and other situations that require strengthening following hospitalization. Amberwood Court features a dedicated Korean Neighborhood ‘Go Hyang Jip’ complete with Korean speaking staff and specialized amenities.
Our management company, VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING, is a nationally recognized leader and innovator in the long-term care industry. VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING is dedicated to person-centered care and we embrace the Eden Alternative™ philosophy. We bring “quality of life in aging” and “living well” to Long Term Care!
Currently, Amberwood Court is seeking a Full Time MAINTENANCE MANAGER at their 88 bed skilled nursing community located in Denver, Colorado.
The primary responsibility of the MAINTENANCE MANAGER is to plan, organize, develop, and direct the overall operation of the Maintenance Department.
A successful MAINTENANCE MANAGER in our community has these traits and attributes:
- Plan, develop, organize, evaluate, and direct the Maintenance Department’s programs and activities.
- Assume the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability of directing the Maintenance Department.
- Develop and maintain written maintenance policies and procedures.
- Assist with the maintenance staff in the development and use of departmental policies, procedures, equipment, supplies, etc.
- Review and interpret the department’s policies, procedures to employees, residents, visitors, government agencies, etc.
- Coordinate maintenance services and activities with other related departments.
- Develop and maintain a preventative maintenance program; inspect all aspects of property; grounds, building, vacant apartments, fire alarms, as part of preventive maintenance and curb appeal.
- Make written or oral reports/recommendations to the Administrator as necessary/required concerning the operation of the Maintenance Department.
- Inspect storage rooms, workrooms, utility/janitorial closets for upkeep and supply control.
- Submit accident/incident reports as needed.
- Participate in facility surveys (inspections) made by authorized government agencies as necessary or as may be directed.
- Review and develop a plan of correction for maintenance deficiencies noted during survey inspections and provide a written copy of such to the Administrator.
- Keep abreast of economic conditions/situations and recommend to the Administrator adjustments in maintenance services that assure the continued ability to provide a clean, safe and comfortable environment.
- Complete administrative duties such as completing necessary forms, reports, evaluations, studies, etc., to assure control of equipment and supplies.
- Ensure that services performed by outside vendors are properly completed/supervised in accordance with contracts/work orders.
- Conduct routine inspections of work areas to ensure safe and proper maintenance procedures are followed at all times.
- Troubleshoot service requests daily for residents prioritizing the service requests and ensuring they are completed in a timely manner; schedule and track service requests.
- Assist in the orientation and training of maintenance personnel; review and evaluate the work performance of assigned personnel.
- Assure department employees properly use PPE and follow safety procedures/policies. Maintain safe work environment and exhibit safe work practices.
- Demonstrate a passion for caring as evidenced by interaction with co-workers, residents, families, and visitors.
- Maintain and support a culture of compliance, ethics and integrity.
- Maintain confidentiality and rights of resident, family, employee, and facility information in compliance with PHI HIPAA policies and applicable regulations.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Must have appropriate HVAC, electrical and plumbing certifications and/or license in current state.
- Must be knowledgeable of maintenance practices and procedures in nursing care facilities.
- Must maintain the care and use of supplies, equipment, etc., and maintain the appearance of housekeeping areas.
- Must perform regular inspections of resident rooms/units for order, safety, and proper performance of equipment.
- Must possess a valid and unrestricted Driver’s License.
- Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age-related needs of the residents served.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully when personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Must possess the ability to work harmoniously with and supervise other personnel.
- Must be knowledgeable of laws, regulations, and guidelines pertaining to hospital and nursing facility administrative procedures.
- Must possess the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures, etc., necessary for providing quality care and maintaining a sound operation.
- Must be able to communicate policies, procedures, regulations, reports, etc., to personnel, residents, family members, visitors, and government agencies/personnel.
- Must be knowledgeable of computer systems, system applications, and other office equipment.
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
- Must possess, as a minimum, a high school education or its equivalent.
- Must have, as a minimum, four (4) years’ experience in a maintenance department in health-related facility.
- Must have supervisory experience.
- Must be knowledgeable of boilers, compressors, generators, etc., as well as various mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Must be knowledgeable in building codes and safety regulations.
Amberwood Court is proudly a managed facility of
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, Gender/Minority/Veterans/Disabled
No Agencies or Affiliates, please