Amberwood Court - Full Time Registered Nurse (RN) / Denver Metro
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
At Amberwood Court Rehabilitation and Care Community, our mission is to provide services designed to care for the "whole person”, with rehabilitation, renewal, and recovery at the center of your wellness journey. Our Rehabilitation Suites allow you to relax in optimal privacy and comfort. Amberwood’s team of onsite therapists and clinical staff help with a broad range of medical needs including stroke recovery, fractures, hip and knee replacement, heart or respiratory issues and other situations that require strengthening following hospitalization. Amberwood Court features a dedicated Korean Neighborhood ‘Go Hyang Jip’ complete with Korean speaking staff and specialized amenities.
Our management company, VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING, is a nationally recognized leader and innovator in the long-term care industry. VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING is dedicated to person-centered care and we embrace the Eden Alternative™ philosophy. We bring “quality of life in aging” and “living well” to Long Term Care!
Currently, Amberwood Court is seeking a full time REGISTERED NURSE (RN) at their 88 bed skilled nursing community located in Denver, Colorado.
1. Day Shift - Sun / Mon / Sat
2. Day Shift - Sun / Mon / Tues
As a Nurse in a VIVAGE community, you will: Provide Direct and Individualized nursing care, including administering medications and treatment to a range of resident’s medical needs; Assist with supervision of nursing staff; Consult and coordinate with Physicians and health care team members to assess, plan, implement and evaluate resident care plans and resident care needs and have the opportunity of use and expand on your nursing skills.
A successful REGISTERED NURSE (RN) in our community has these traits and attributes:
- Must have compassion for and desire to work with senior.
- Self motivated believes in hard work and good attendance.
- Coordinate resident care with other departments.
- Assist with training, supervision, appraisals and corrective action for nursing personnel.
- Provide resident care according to physician orders.
- Administer medications and treatments.
- Communicate changes in resident's condition.
- Perform administrative duties such as: completing medical forms, reports, evaluations, studies, charting, etc.
- Admit, transfer, and discharge residents as required.
- Make rounds to assess quality of care performance and teamwork by employees, assuring quality service.
- Complete accident/incident reports.
- Participate in employee performance evaluations, determining your shift’s staffing requirements.
- Make recommendations to the Nurse Supervisor concerning employee dismissals, transfers, etc.
- Assist nursing management with budgetary development and control.
- Coordinate adequate pharmaceutical supplies with consulting pharmacy.
- Respond to family concerns and complaints.
- Establish open lines of communication between all nursing personnel.
- Assure that resident abuse does not occur.
- Respond to all resident call bells regardless of assignment.
- Complete wound care rounds to assess, develop, implement, and evaluate various types wound care needs on each resident.
- Provide wound care to medically complex residents in collaboration with the physician.
- May act in the absence of the Director of Nursing or Administrator/Executive Director.
- Maintain confidentiality and rights of resident, family, employee, and facility information in compliance with PHI HIPAA policies and applicable regulations.
- Maintains safe work environment and exhibits safe work practices.
- Attend care plan meetings as assigned.
- Demonstrate a passion for caring as evidenced by interaction with co-workers, residents, families, and visitors.
- Perform all other duties, as assigned.
- Must possess, as a minimum, a Nursing degree from an accredited college or university, or be a graduate of an approved Registered Nurse program.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing preferred.
- CPR certification required.
- One year experience in a long-term care environment preferred.
Amberwood Court is proudly a managed facility of
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, Gender/Minority/Veterans/Disabled
No Agencies or Affiliates, please!