Amberwood Court - Activities Associate (Mon - Fri)
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
At Amberwood Court Rehabilitation and Care Community, our mission is to provide services designed to care for the "whole person”, with rehabilitation, renewal, and recovery at the center of your wellness journey. Our Rehabilitation Suites allow you to relax in optimal privacy and comfort. Amberwood’s team of onsite therapists and clinical staff help with a broad range of medical needs including stroke recovery, fractures, hip and knee replacement, heart or respiratory issues and other situations that require strengthening following hospitalization. Amberwood Court features a dedicated Korean Neighborhood ‘Go Hyang Jip’ complete with Korean speaking staff and specialized amenities.
Our management company, VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING, is a nationally recognized leader and innovator in the long-term care industry. VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING is dedicated to person-centered care and we embrace the Eden Alternative™ philosophy. We bring “quality of life in aging” and “living well” to Long Term Care!
Currently, Amberwood Court is seeking a PRN ACTIVITIES ASSOCIATE at their 88 bed skilled nursing community located in Denver, Colorado.
**Schedule: 9 am to 1 pm Mon through Fri**
The primary responsibility of the ACTIVITIES ASSOCIATE is to assist the Activities Director in planning, organizing, developing, and directing the overall operation of the Activities Department.
- Must have compassion for and desire to work with seniors.
- Assist in developing, maintaining, evaluating, and directing the activity programs.
- Participate in community planning related to the interests of the facility and the needs of the residents and their family.
- Coordinate activities with other departments as necessary.
- Assist in the scheduling of activity care plans and assessments.
- Observe resident attendance, mood, behavior, and degree of involvement.
- Involve residents and family in planning facilities when necessary.
- Assist in arranging transportation when necessary.
- Provide daily activities for the resident.
- Perform administrative requirements, such as completing necessary forms, reports, etc.
- Assist with admissions, MDS and discharge documentation.
- Serve on, participate in, and attend various committees of the facility as appointed.
- Recommend to the Activity Director the equipment and supply needs of the activity department.
- Assist in developing volunteer activity assignments.
- Make routine visits to residents and perform assistance with crafts, projects, etc. as necessary.
- Assist in-room residents by visiting with them, writing letters, running errands, making appointments etc.
- Drives the company vehicle for resident outings, appointments, etc.; accompanies residents on trips outside of the community.
- Demonstrate a passion for caring as evidenced by interaction with co-workers, residents, families, and visitors.
- Perform all other duties, as assigned.
- Must be at least 25 years of age and possess a valid and unrestricted Driver’s License.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully when personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age-related needs of the residents served.
- Must possess the ability to work harmoniously with and supervise other personnel.
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
- Must possess, as a minimum, a high school diploma or its equivalent.
Amberwood Court is proudly a managed facility of
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, Gender/Minority/Veterans/Disabled
No Agencies or Affiliates, please!