ADON / Staff Development Coordinator - University Heights
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Category (Portal Searching)
At University Heights we are dedicated to enhancing the lives of those we serve. Whether the need is for short-term rehabilitation or for an extended period of time, it is our goal to exceed the expectations of our residents by providing quality care and exceptional service.
• Conveniently located just minutes away from most hospitals, shopping and restaurants.
• Our goal is to deliver compassionate care specifically geared toward the individual needs of you or your loved one.
• Each resident receives on-going assessments from our highly trained and caring interdisciplinary team members.
• A personalized plan of care is created for each resident.
• Family members are encouraged to take an active role in care planning sessions.
Our management company, VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING, is a nationally recognized leader and innovator in the long-term care industry. VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING is dedicated to person-centered care and we embrace the Eden Alternative™ philosophy. We bring “quality of life in aging” and “living well” to Long Term Care!
Currently, University Heights is seeking a Full-Time ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF NURSING (ADON)/STAFF DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR at their 120 bed skilled nursing community located in Aurora, CO.
The primary responsibility of the ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF NURSING/STAFF DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR is to assist with planning, organizing, developing, and directing overall operation of our Nursing Service Department to ensure adequate and appropriate staffing of the facility nursing department to meet the needs of the residents based on budget, census, and as may be directed by facility administration current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern long term care and assisted living facilities.
You are entrusted to ensure that the highest degree of quality care can be provided to our residents at all times and delegated the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned duties.
- Must have, as a minimum, one (1) year of experience as a supervisor in a hospital, nursing care facility, or other related health care facility.
- Must have, as a minimum (6) months experience in rehabilitative and restorative nursing practices.Must possess a current, unencumbered, active license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state.
- Must be a graduate of an approved Registered Nurse program.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing preferred.
- HR experience preferred, although on-the-job training provided for Staff Development.
- Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age-related needs of the residents served.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully when personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Must possess the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures, etc., that are necessary for providing quality care.
- Must be able to relate information concerning a resident’s condition.
- Must be knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines that pertain to nursing care facilities.
- Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, as well as willingness to handle difficult residents.
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
- Must be knowledgeable of computer systems, system applications, and other office equipment.
University Heights is proudly a managed facility of
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, Females/Minority/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
No agencies or affiliates please.