- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Category (Portal Searching)
Summit Rehabilitation and Care Community serves as one of Aurora’s finest post-acute rehabilitation programs with 16 transitional care suites. Summit also specializes in caring for those with Alzheimer’s Disease and dementia as well as those needing long-term skilled nursing services.
Our management company, Vivage Senior Living, is a nationally recognized leader and innovator in the long-term care industry. Vivage Senior Living is dedicated to person-centered care and we embrace the Eden Alternative™ philosophy. We bring “quality of life in aging” and “living well” to Long Term Care!
Currently, Summit Rehabilitation and Care Community is seeking a full time ACTIVITIES DIRECTOR at their 107 bed skilled nursing community located in Aurora, CO.
The primary responsibility of the ACTIVITIES DIRECTOR is to plan, organize, develop, and direct the overall operation of the Activity Department following the current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern long term care and assisted living facilities. You are delegated the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned duties.
- Participate in community planning related to the interests of the facility and the needs of the residents and their family.
- Assist in the recruitment, interviewing, and selecting of personnel for the activity department.
- Implement a written plan for each resident that identifies the problems/needs of the resident and the goals to be accomplished for each problem/need identified.
- Keep abreast of current federal and state regulations, as well as professional standards of practice.
- Make recommendations on changes in policies and procedures to the Administrator.
- Assist in the scheduling of activity care plans and assessments.
- Drives company vehicle for resident outings, appointments, etc.; accompanies residents on trips outside of the community.
- Provide daily activities for the resident.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; 2 years college coursework preferred.
- Activities Director Certification required; applicants hired without a certification must obtain certification within 24 months of hire date. (Employee hired prior to 2015 are grandfathered.)
- CTRS or other bachelor’s degree in a related field is acceptable in lieu of AD Certification.
- Must possess a valid and unrestricted Driver’s License.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, Gender/Minority/Veterans/Disabled
No Agencies or Affiliates, please!