- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
Allison Care Center is a premier memory support community featuring a wide array of care options including secure memory support, skilled short-term rehabilitation and long-term care. Certified memory care staff provide residents with individualized service plans designed to meet their unique needs. With close working ties to the Rocky Mountain Alzheimer’s Association, Allison Care Center offers an array of programming carefully designed to address challenges associated with memory impairment.
Our management company, VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING, is a nationally recognized leader and innovator in the long-term care industry. VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING is dedicated to person-centered care and we embrace the Eden Alternative™ philosophy. We bring “quality of life in aging” and “living well” to Long Term Care!
Currently, Allison Care Center is seeking a Full Time ACTIVITIES DIRECTOR at their Memory Care community located in Lakewood, Co.
The primary responsibility of the ACTIVITIES DIRECTOR is to plan, organize, develop, and direct the overall operation of the Activity Department following the current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern long term care and assisted living facilities. You are delegated the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned duties.
- Develop, maintain, evaluate, and direct the activity programs.
- Participate in community planning related to the interests of the facility and the needs of the residents and their family.
- Assist in the recruitment, interviewing, and selecting of personnel for the activity department.
- Implement a written plan for each resident that identifies the problems/needs of the resident and the goals to be accomplished for each problem/need identified.
- Keep abreast of current federal and state regulations, as well as professional standards of practice.
- Make recommendations on changes in policies and procedures to the Administrator.
- Assist in the scheduling of activity care plans and assessments.
- Drives company vehicle for resident outings, appointments, etc.; accompanies residents on trips outside of the community.
- Provide daily activities for the resident.
- Review nurses’ notes to determine if activity care plan is being followed.
- Involve residents and family in planning facilities when necessary.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for the identification of medically related activity needs of the resident.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; 2 years college coursework preferred.
- Activities Director Certification required; applicants hired without a certification must obtain certification within 24 months of hire date. (Employee hired prior to 2015 are grandfathered.)
- CTRS or other bachelor’s degree in a related field is acceptable in lieu of AD Certification.
- Must possess a valid and unrestricted Driver’s License.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, Gender/Minority/Veterans/Disabled
No Agencies or Affiliates, please!