- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
Our management company, Vivage Senior Living, is a nationally recognized leader and innovator in the long-term care industry. Vivage Senior Living is dedicated to person-centered care and we embrace the Eden Alternative™ philosophy. We bring “quality of life in aging” and “living well” to Long Term Care!
The primary responsibility of your job position is to plan, organize, develop, and direct the overall operation of the Activity Department following the current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern long term care and assisted living facilities. You are delegated the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned duties.
Currently, Aviva at Fitzsimons is seeking an ACTIVITIES DIRECTOR at their 100 bed skilled nursing community located in Aurora, CO.
The primary responsibility of the ACTIVITIES DIRECTOR is to plan, organize, develop, and direct the overall operation of the Activity Department following the current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern long term care and assisted living facilities. You are delegated the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned duties.
- Develop, maintain, evaluate, and direct the activity programs.
- Participate in community planning related to the interests of the facility and the needs of the residents and their family.
- Assist in the recruitment, interviewing, and selecting of personnel for the activity department.
- Implement a written plan for each resident that identifies the problems/needs of the resident and the goals to be accomplished for each problem/need identified.
- Keep abreast of current federal and state regulations, as well as professional standards of practice.
- Make recommendations on changes in policies and procedures to the Administrator.
- Assist in the scheduling of activity care plans and assessments.
- Drives company vehicle for resident outings, appointments, etc.; accompanies residents on trips outside of the community.
- Provide daily activities for the resident.
- Review nurses’ notes to determine if activity care plan is being followed.
- Involve residents and family in planning facilities when necessary.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for the identification of medically related activity needs of the resident.
- Review and develop a plan of correction for activity deficiencies noted during survey inspections and provide a written copy of such a report to the Administrator.
- Counsel/discipline activity personnel as necessary.
- Maintain an excellent working relationship with other department supervisors and coordinate the activity program to assure that daily activities can be performed without interruption.
- Develop and participate in the planning, conducting, and scheduling of timely in-service training classes that ensure a well-educated activity department.
- Make weekly inspections of all activity functions to assure quality control measures are continually maintained.
- Encourage residents to participate in hobbies and crafts. Provide materials as necessary.
- Demonstrate a passion for caring as evidenced by interaction with co-workers, residents, families, and visitors.
- Maintain and support a culture of compliance, ethics and integrity.
- Maintain confidentiality and rights of resident, family, employee, and facility information in compliance with PHI HIPAA policies and applicable regulations.
- Maintain safe work environment and exhibits safe work practices.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; 2 years college coursework preferred.
- Activities Director Certification required; applicants hired without a certification must obtain certification within 24 months of hire date. (Employee hired prior to 2015 are grandfathered.)
- CTRS or other bachelor’s degree in a related field is acceptable in lieu of AD Certification.
- Must possess a valid and unrestricted Driver’s License.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, Gender/Minority/Veterans/Disabled
No Agencies or Affiliates, please!