- Are you passionate about creating purpose and positivity for others?
- Do you naturally have high energy and connect with people?
- Are you an individual that takes responsibility and follows through on details?
- Do you get excited working as a high-performing individual and part of a high performing team?
At Vivage, we’re recognized as a national leader driving high quality service innovation for seniors and value for our investors. "Vivage" means "celebrating aging" inspiring our focus to create innovative and customer-driven models filled with personalized and meaningful living experiences.
We are a senior health care, solution driven company which provides right care.. right place..right time. Our Mission, Vision and Pillars of Commitment have come from our collective personal awareness and professional dedication to the importance of each person we serve, each employee we work with, and each business partner we have. At Vivage we bridge today’s healthcare opportunities with innovative strategies and solutions.
Engaging Culture - Competitive Pay - Growth Opportunities - Great Benefits - Family Environment - Payactiv
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE:
The primary responsibility of your job position is to assist the Activities Director in planning, organizing, developing, and directing the overall operation of the Activities Department following the current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern long term care and assisted living facilities. You are delegated the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned duties.
- Assist in organizing programs for group and individual activities based on residents individualized needs as identified in residents’ health-care plan
- Maintain a balance of recreational activities
- Help prepare monthly bulletin board indicating future activities, holiday themes, or picture review of past activities
- Participate in group activities that are scheduled to provide for maximum involvement by interested residents
- Participate in programs for the purpose of improving skills and learning new ideas and techniques
- Responsible for transportation of residents within the community from one area to another area where activities may occur
- Help coordinate scheduled activities with other departments
- Communicate residents’ programs to residents, residents’ families, volunteers, and community staff
- Record progress notes on resident’s activities and response of resident to activity program
- Assist in preparing Monthly Activities Calendars indicating scheduled activities and times for coming months which reflect interests identified by the comprehensive assessment, offer activities at hours convenient to the residents (morning, afternoon, some evening and some weekends), reflect the cultural and religious interests of the resident population, appeal to both men and women and all age groups, living in the community, take place in a variety of locations (i.e., indoor/outdoor and community based activities), and include seasonal and special events
- Review the activity supplies and equipment to ensure materials are available to residents
- Prepare monthly report on progress of activity program
- Participate in in-service program of the facility
- Record resident’s activity participation in resident’s individual medical record. Keep group records of participation on scheduled activities
- Recognize abnormal signs and symptoms which may signify a physical change in resident’s condition that could require nursing intervention. Report same to Health Services Director immediately
- Help read incoming mail, and address and post outgoing mail upon the resident’s request
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
Knowledge of special needs and limitations of elderly; methods and techniques used to include residents and involve them in activities; alert to attitudes and feelings of residents; knowledge of/familiarity with handcrafts, skills, games, other activities, and knowledge and sources of materials and local services. Management proficiency, profitability management and standards development.