Activities Associate (Temporary) - Jackson Manor
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
Our management company, VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING, is a nationally recognized leader and innovator in the long-term care industry. VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING is dedicated to person-centered care and we embrace the Eden Alternative™ philosophy. We bring “quality of life in aging” and “living well” to Long Term Care!
Currently, Jackson Manor is seeking a TEMPORARY ACTIVITIES ASSOCIATE at our skilled nursing community located in Jackson, MO.
The primary responsibility of your job position is to assist the Activities Director in planning, organizing, developing, and directing the overall operation of the Activities Department following the current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern long term care and assisted living facilities. You are delegated the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned duties.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in developing, maintaining, evaluating, and directing the activity programs.
- Participate in community planning related to the interests of the facility and the needs of the residents and their family.
- Coordinate activities with other departments as necessary.
- Assist in the scheduling of activity care plans and assessments.
- Observe resident attendance, mood, behavior, and degree of involvement.
- Involve residents and family in planning facilities when necessary.
- Assist in arranging transportation when necessary.
- Provide daily activities for the resident.
- Perform administrative requirements, such as completing necessary forms, reports, etc.
- Assist with admissions, MDS and discharge documentation.
- Serve on, participate in, and attend various committees of the facility as appointed.
- Recommend to the Activity Director the equipment and supply needs of the activity department.
- Assist in developing volunteer activity assignments.
- Make routine visits to residents and perform assistance with crafts, projects, etc. as necessary.
- Assist in-room residents by visiting with them, writing letters, running errands, making appointments etc.
- Drives the company vehicle for resident outings, appointments, etc.; accompanies residents on trips outside of the community.
- Demonstrate a passion for caring as evidenced by interaction with co-workers, residents, families, and visitors.
- Perform all other duties, as assigned.
- Must be at least 25 years of age and possess a valid and unrestricted Driver’s License.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully when personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age-related needs of the residents served.
- Must possess the ability to work harmoniously with and supervise other personnel.
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
- Must possess, as a minimum, a high school diploma or its equivalent.
Jackson Manor is proudly a managed facility of
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, Gender/Minority/Veterans/Disabled
No Agencies or Affiliates, please!