Sr. Staff Accountant
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Category (Portal Searching)
VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING, is a nationally recognized leader and innovator in the long-term care industry. VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING is dedicated to person-centered care and we embrace the Eden Alternative™ philosophy. We bring “quality of life in aging” and “living well” to Long Term Care!
The primary responsibility of the Sr. Staff Accountant position is to assist in the preparation of monthly financial statements for multiple clients in conformity with generally accepted accounting principles for private companies; budgeting, tax, audit and cash management support.
- Prepares monthly financial statements, including at a minimum, income statements, balance sheets, statements of cash flows and related quantitative analyses.
- Reconciles income statement and balance sheet accounts.
- Coordinates with client facilities regarding the timing and flow of documentation supporting monthly financial statement preparation.
- Reviews source documents, source journals, and manual schedules submitted by the facilities as the basis for financial statements.
- Prepares journal entries and supporting explanations for financial statement adjustments and performs related data entry.
- Reviews or prepares cash and other reconciliations.
- Communicates with facilities regarding financial results and budget variances.
- Provides financial statement audit and tax support.
- Prepares and monitoring of budgets.
- Provide cash management support.
- Supports and collaborates with other members of the Finance and Consulting Teams.
- May assists the Director of Accounting with special audits and projects.
- May participate on special committees and task forces.
- Maintains and supports a culture of compliance, ethics and integrity.
- Maintains confidentiality and rights of resident, family, employee, and facility information in compliance with HIPAA policies and other applicable regulations.
- Maintains safe work environment and exhibits safe work practices.
- Communicates with care center administrator, accounts payable/payroll, business office, and Vivage operations personnel.
- May work beyond normal business hours when necessary.
- May participate in continuing education programs.
- Performs all other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related field from an accredited college or university required.
- Financial statement preparation experience required.
- Recent public accounting experience and active CPA license a plus.
- Health care experience, particularly in the areas of Medicare, Medicaid, and related reimbursement regulations, desirable.
- Current understanding of generally accepted accounting principles for private companies.
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines in a client-service environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong time management skills.
- Working knowledge of spreadsheet and word processing applications.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, Gender/Minority/Veterans/Disabled
No Agencies or Affiliates, please!