Staffing Development Coordinator (SDC), RN - Parkmoor
- US-CO-Colorado Springs
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Category (Portal Searching)
At Parkmoor Village, we measure outcomes and successes based on what our residents, family members and employees consider important. We welcome and encourage you to take a tour to see and experience the difference at Parkmoor Village. We are dedicated – whether you are staying with us for only a few days or have decided to join us long term – to help you pursue possibilities and continue to stay involved in lifelong community activities and events.
- Our neighborhoods provide a warm and personalized atmosphere.
- Complimentary Therapies include Massage and Aromatherapy.
- Pets are welcome and are part of your recovery – ask about our Pet Program.
- Transportation is provided from local hospitals and to physician appointments.
- Transitional Care services for community placement.
- Memory Care services provided.
Our management company, VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING, is a nationally recognized leader and innovator in the long-term care industry. VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING is dedicated to person-centered care and we embrace the Eden Alternative™ philosophy. We bring “quality of life in aging” and “living well” to Long Term Care!
Currently, Parkmoor Village Healthcare Center is seeking a Full Time STAFF DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR at their 125 bed skilled nursing community located in Colorado Springs, CO.
The primary responsibility of the STAFF DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR is to plan, organize, develop, and direct the overall educational needs, manage and implement infection control, and ensure adequate and appropriate staffing of the facility nursing department to meet the needs of the residents based on budget, census, and as may be directed by the Administrator and/or the Medical Director facility administration. A successful STAFF DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR in our community has these traits and attributes:
- Update business office with current posting of all employees’ contact information.
- Ensure all employees receive state and federally required in-service training, CNA certification training, compliance training and education necessary for their jobs by planning, organizing, scheduling, teaching and coordinating corporate directed training, seminars, conferences and other professional meetings.
- Assist with recording keeping for facility in-service education, orientation, tardiness, absenteeism, and performance appraisals.
- Ensure that documentation for all training is completed in accordance with state, federal and internal compliance requirements.
- Administer Silverchair online learning system.
- Coordinate new employee general orientation and job specific orientation for all employees.
- Establish and maintain core competencies specific to the facility with an established annual calendar to ensure compliance.
- Ensure TB test has been obtained for employees and contract workers; perform TB surveillance.
- Must possess, as a minimum, a Nursing degree from an accredited college or university, or be a graduate of an approved Registered Nurse program. Bachelor’s degree in Nursing preferred.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in state employed.
- Current CPR certification.
- Current BLS certification.
- Must have, as a minimum, one (1) year experience in a in a long term care environment.
- Orientation and Human Resources experience preferred.
Parkmoor Village Healthcare Center is proudly a managed facility of
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, Gender/Minority/Veterans/Disabled
No Agencies or Affiliates, please!