Social Worker - Highline
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Job Locations
- Category (Portal Searching)
Highline Rehabilitation and Care Community offers one of Denver’s premiere post-acute rehabilitation programs for fast recovery and return to home. Our 36 spacious Post-Acute Transitional Care suites, complete with a state-of-the-art therapy gym, private entrance, upscale amenities offer a complete recovery program tailored to your personalized needs.
If you are a guest staying for post-acute rehabilitation, our concierge program will tend to your individualized needs including personalized shopping, transportation, etc. Highline also features a secure memory care environment.
Our management company, VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING, is a nationally recognized leader and innovator in the long-term care industry. VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING is dedicated to person-centered care and we embrace the Eden Alternative™ philosophy. We bring “quality of life in aging” and “living well” to Long Term Care!
Currently, Highline Rehabilitation and Care Community is seeking a full time Social Worker at their 135 bed skilled nursing community located in Denver, Colorado.
The primary responsibility of the SOCIAL WORKER position is to assist in planning, organizing, implementing, evaluating, and directing the overall operation of our facility’s Social Services Department.
- Assist in developing and implementing policies and procedures for the identification of medically related social and emotional needs of the resident.
- Participate in community planning related to the interests of the facility and the services and needs of the resident and family.
- Interview residents/families to obtain social history.
- Participate in the admission, discharge, etc. in the department.
- Provide information to resident/families as to Medicare/Medicaid, and other financial assistance programs.
- In the absence of the Director, assume the authority, responsibility, and accountability of directing social service department.
- Coordinate social service activities with other departments.
- Evaluate social and family information and assist in determining plans for social treatment.
- Interpret social, psychological, and emotional needs of the resident/family to the medical staff, attending physician, and other resident care team members.
- Assist in obtaining resources from community social, health and welfare agencies.
- Demonstrate a passion for caring as evidenced by interaction with co-workers, residents, families, and visitors.
- Perform all other duties, as assigned.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully when personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Must be able to communicate policies, procedures, regulations, reports, etc., to personnel, residents, family members, visitors, and government agencies/personnel.
- Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age-related needs of the residents served.
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
- Must possess, as a minimum, a Bachelor’s Degree from an approved school of Social Work or a bachelor’s degree in a human service field including but not limited to sociology, special education, rehabilitation counseling, and psychology.
- Must have, as a minimum, one (1) year supervised social work experience in a health care setting working directly with individuals.
Highline Rehabilitation & Care Community is proudly a managed facility of
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, Gender/Minority/Veterans/Disabled
No Agencies or Affiliates, please!