Social Services Director - Autumn Heights
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Job Locations
- Category (Portal Searching)
- Social Work
At Autumn Heights we are dedicated to enhancing the lives of those we serve. Whether the need is for short-term rehabilitation or for an extended period of time, it is our goal to exceed the expectations of our residents by providing quality care and exceptional service. Conveniently located just minutes away from most hospitals, shopping and restaurants.
Our goal is to deliver compassionate care specifically geared toward the individual needs of you or your loved one. Each resident receives on-going assessments from our highly trained and caring interdisciplinary team members. A personalized plan of care is created for each resident. Family members are encouraged to take an active role in care planning sessions.
Our management company, VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING, is a nationally recognized leader and innovator in the long-term care industry. VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING is dedicated to person-centered care and we embrace the Eden Alternative™ philosophy. We bring “quality of life in aging” and “living well” to Long Term Care!
Currently, Autumn Heights is seeking a Full-time SOCIAL SERVICES DIRECTOR at their 125 bed skilled nursing community located in Denver, Colorado.
The primary responsibility of the SOCIAL SERVICES DIRECTOR is to plan, organize, develop, and direct the overall operation of the Social Services Department. A successful SOCIAL SERVICES DIRECTOR in our community has these traits and attributes:
- Must exhibit a caring, tactful and compassionate demeanor at all times, be able to skillfully handle stress, and deal effectively with difficult people and situations.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and communicate in English, with bi-lingual abilities a definite plus.
- Will be flexible in scheduling to meet the various needs of our population, their families and our staff.
- Skill in managing multiple obligations and varying demands without impacting the lives around them.
- Willing to work evenings and weekends as necessary to meet the needs of families and residents.
- Must possess the ability to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into daily practices.
- Must possess a valid and unrestricted Driver’s License.
- Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age-related needs of the residents served.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with all personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Must possess the ability to work harmoniously with and supervise other personnel.
- Must be knowledgeable of laws, regulations, and guidelines pertaining to hospital and nursing facility administrative procedures.
- Must possess the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures, etc., necessary for providing quality care and maintaining a sound operation.
- Must be able to communicate policies, procedures, regulations, reports, etc., to personnel, residents, family members, visitors, and government agencies/personnel.
- Must be knowledgeable of computer systems, system applications, and other office equipment.
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
- Must possess, as a minimum, a Bachelor’s Degree from an approved school of Social Work or a bachelor’s degree in a human service field including but not limited to sociology, special education, rehabilitation counseling, and psychology. Masters degree preferred.
- Must have experience dealing with behavioral population, including individuals with PTSD, alcoholism, and varying stages of dementia.
- Must have, as a minimum, two (2) years experience in a supervisory capacity in a hospital, nursing care facility, or other related medical facility.
Autumn Heights is proudly a managed facility of
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, Gender/Minority/Veterans/Disabled
No Agencies or Affiliates, please!