Social Services Associate - Uptown
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Job Locations
- Category (Portal Searching)
- Social Work
Uptown Healthcare Center is a community wherein complementary alternative modalities are utilized for healing and creating a sense of well-being. The goal of Uptown is to foster an environment that is focused on care, healing and wellness. Uptown serves a diverse population with a wide age range. We serve to deliver the highest quality care to those in need, including the behavioral health population.
Our management company, VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING, is a nationally recognized leader and innovator in the long-term care industry. VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING is dedicated to person-centered care and we embrace the Eden Alternative™ philosophy. We bring “quality of life in aging” and “living well” to Long Term Care!
Currently, Uptown Care Center is seeking a Full Time SOCIAL SERVICES ASSOCIATE at their 79 bed skilled nursing community located in Denver, CO.
The primary responsibility of the SOCIAL SERVICES ASSOCIATE is to assist in planning, developing, organizing, implementing, evaluating, and directing our facility’s social service program following the current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern long term care and assisted living facilities. You are entrusted to ensure that the medically related and emotional social needs of the resident are met and maintained on an individual basis. A successful SOCIAL SERVICES ASSOCIATE in our community has these traits and attributes:
- Enjoys working with the elderly popultion.
- Dedicated to Social Work in the Long Term Care and Skilled Nursing Facility industry.
- Demonstrated ability to work in the bests interests of the residents and their families at all times.
- Interacts well with the behvorial health poplutions and residents.
- Demonstrated experience as the "go to expert" in working behavorial health residents and being the liaison between residents and staff.
- Must maintain a valid, unrestricted Colorado driver’s license.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully when personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age-related needs of the residents served.
- Must be able to communicate policies, procedures, regulations, reports, etc., to personnel, residents, family members, visitors, and government agencies/personnel.
- Must possess the ability to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into exiting practices.
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
- Must possess, as a minimum, a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Knowledge regarding PASRRs, Level II, and PASRR updates.
- Familiarity with community outreach and following up with referrals via phone.
- Some health care experience preferred.
Uptown Care Community is proudly a managed facility of
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, Gender/Minority/Veterans/Disabled
No Agencies or Affiliates, please!