Social Services Associate - Parkmoor
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Job Locations
- US-CO-Colorado Springs
- Category (Portal Searching)
- Social Work
Our management company, VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING, is a nationally recognized leader and innovator in the long-term care industry. VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING is dedicated to person-centered care and we embrace the Eden Alternative™ philosophy. We bring “quality of life in aging” and “living well” to Long Term Care!
Currently, Parkmoor Village Healthcare Center is seeking a Full Time SOCIAL SERVICES ASSOCIATE at their 125 bed skilled nursing community located in Colorado Springs, CO.
The primary responsibility of the SOCIAL SERVICES ASSOCIATE is to assist in planning, developing, organizing, implementing, evaluating, and directing our facility’s social service program following the current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern long term care and assisted living facilities. You are entrusted to ensure that the medically related and emotional social needs of the resident are met and maintained on an individual basis. A successful SOCIAL SERVICES ASSOCIATE in our community has these traits and attributes:
- Assist/complete ULTCs for co-pay coverage, continued stay review, SNF to SNF transfer, return to community; assist in finding placement for transfer/discharge (i.e. makes appointments and referrals).
- Assist with develop and implementing policies and procedures for the identification of the medically related and emotional needs of the resident.
- May assist with Access-A-Ride and Assisted Living applications.
- Assist residents with transport for errands.
- Communicate the department’s policies and procedures to employees, residents, visitors, government agencies, etc.
- Must maintain a valid, unrestricted Colorado driver’s license.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully when personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age-related needs of the residents served.
- Must be able to communicate policies, procedures, regulations, reports, etc., to personnel, residents, family members, visitors, and government agencies/personnel.
- Must possess the ability to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into exiting practices.
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
- Must possess, as a minimum, a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Knowledge regarding PASRRs, Level II, and PASRR updates.
- Familiarity with community outreach and following up with referrals via phone.
- Some health care experience preferred.
Parkmoor Village Healthcare Center is proudly a managed facility of
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, Gender/Minority/Veterans/Disabled
No Agencies or Affiliates, please!