RN Supervisor - Summit
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Job Locations
- Category (Portal Searching)
Summit Rehabilitation and Care Community serves as one of Aurora’s finest post-acute rehabilitation programs with 16 transitional care suites. Summit also specializes in caring for those with Alzheimer’s Disease and dementia as well as those needing long-term skilled nursing services.
Our management company, VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING, is a nationally recognized leader and innovator in the long-term care industry. VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING is dedicated to person-centered care and we embrace the Eden Alternative™ philosophy. We bring “quality of life in aging” and “living well” to Long Term Care!
Currently, Summit Rehabilitation and Care Community is seeking a full time REGISTERED NURSE SUPRVISOR at their 107 bed skilled nursing community located in Aurora, CO.
The primary purpose of the REGISTERED NURSE SUPERVISOR is to supervise the day-to-day nursing activities of the facility during your tour of duty. Such supervision must be in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern our facility, and as may be required by the Director of Nursing Services, to ensure that every effort possible is made to provide quality of care and quality of life services to our residents. A successful REGISTERED NURSE SUPERVISOR in our community has these traits and attributes:
- Make daily resident rounds and report status of nursing care to Director of Nursing Services.
- Participate in facility surveys (inspections) made by authorized government agences as requested by the Administrator or Director of Nursing.
- Admit, transfer and discharge residents as required.
- Make rounds with physicians as necessary.
- Visit residents on a daily basis in order to observe and evaluate the resident's physical and emotional status.
- Provide direct nursing care as needed.
- Must possess a current, unencumbered, active license to practice as an RN in this state.
- Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age-related needs of the residents served.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully when personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Must be knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines that pertain to nursing care facilities.
- Must possess leadership and supervisory ability and willingness to work harmoniously with and supervise other personnel.
- Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, as well as willingness to handle difficult residents.
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
- Must possess, as a minimum, a Nursing degree from an accredited college or university, or be a graduate of an approved Registered Nurse program.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing preferred.
- CPR certification required.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in long term care nursing facility
- Nursing supervisor experience preferred.
Summit Rehabilitation and Care Community is proudly a managed facility of
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, Gender/Minority/Veterans/Disabled
No Agencies or Affiliates, please!
Job Reference #: 1451