RN, Staffing Development Coordinator (SDC) - North Star
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Job Locations
- Category (Portal Searching)
Our home serves a community of persons who range in age from early 20s to mid-90s. The majority of these people live with the challenge of chronic mental illness. Our second largest population served is people with progressive multiple sclerosis.
We have programs and services to address emotional as well as clinical needs of these persons. North Star is additionally pleased to partner with our local PACE provider when their participants need 24 hour care. We are a lively community working in collaboration with multiple partners and engaged in the larger community.
Our management company, VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING, is a nationally recognized leader and innovator in the long-term care industry. VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING is dedicated to person-centered care and we embrace the Eden Alternative™ philosophy. We bring “quality of life in aging” and “living well” to Long Term Care!
Currently, North Star is seeking a FT STAFF DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR at their85 bed skilled nursing community located in Denver , CO.
The primary responsibility of the STAFF DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR is to plan, organize, develop, and direct the overall educational needs, manage and implement infection control, and ensure adequate and appropriate staffing of the facility nursing department to meet the needs of the residents based on budget, census, and as may be directed by the Administrator and/or the Medical Director facility administration. A successful STAFF DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR in our community has these traits and attributes:
- A love of teaching
- Point Click Care experience
- An interest in growing with a local rapidly growing health care company
- Empathy for persons living with MS or Behavioral health needs
- Must possess, as a minimum, a Nursing degree from an accredited college or university, or be a graduate of an approved Registered Nurse program. Bachelor’s degree in Nursing preferred.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in state employed.
- Current CPR certification.
- Current BLS certification.
- Must have, as a minimum, one (1) year experience in a in a long term care environment.
- Orientation and Human Resources experience preferred.
North Star is proudly a managed facility of
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, Gender/Minority/Veterans/Disabled
No Agencies or Affiliates, please!