Receptionist - Highline
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Category (Portal Searching)
Highline Rehabilitation and Care Community offers one of Denver’s premiere post-acute rehabilitation programs for fast recovery and return to home. Our 36 spacious Post-Acute Transitional Care suites, complete with a state-of-the-art therapy gym, private entrance, upscale amenities offer a complete recovery program tailored to your personalized needs.
If you are a guest staying for post-acute rehabilitation, our concierge program will tend to your individualized needs including personalized shopping, transportation, etc. Highline also features a secure memory care environment.
Our management company, VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING, is a nationally recognized leader and innovator in the long-term care industry. VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING is dedicated to person-centered care and we embrace the Eden Alternative™ philosophy. We bring “quality of life in aging” and “living well” to Long Term Care!
Currently, Highline Rehabilitation and Care Community is seeking a full time RECEPTIONIST at their 135 bed skilled nursing community located in Denver, CO.
The primary responsibility of the RECEPTIONIST is to perform clerical support in an efficient manner.
- Answer telephones; determine nature of call and direct caller to appropriate individual or department.
- Operate paging/telephone system as required.
- Maintain a current file/listing of residents by name and room number, emergency phone members of on-call personnel, department extensions, key personnel, etc.
- Greet visitors. Direct to appropriate office and/or resident room.
- Assist with administrative duties as directed. (Includes typing, filing, posting, accounts, etc.)
- Receive, sort, and distribute mail as directed.
- Operate copier, office machines, etc.
- Give directions/information to visitors, guests, residents, sales representatives, etc.
- Order supplies as directed.
- Ensure that work/assignment areas are neat, clean, and office equipment is covered before leaving such areas on breaks, end of workday, etc.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all resident care.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Demonstrate a passion for caring as evidenced by interaction with co-workers, residents, families, and visitors.
- Perform all other duties, as assigned.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public.
- Must possess the ability to remain calm during emergency situations.
- Must be able to follow oral and written instructions.
- Must possess a cheerful personality and be able to work harmoniously with other personnel.
- Must be knowledgeable of computer systems, system applications, and other office equipment.
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
- Must possess, as a minimum, a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Must have, as a minimum, one (1) one year’s experience in a clerical position, or successfully completed a secretarial science program from an accredited school/college.
Highline is proudly a managed facility of
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, Gender/Minority/Veterans/Disabled
No Agencies or Affiliates, please!