NHA - Green House
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Job Locations
- Category (Portal Searching)
The Green House® Homes at Mirasol are Colorado's first Green House® community, created as the vision of the Loveland Housing Authority to offer skilled nursing care managed by our partner - Vivage Quality Health Partners - on the beautiful Mirasol Senior Community campus.
The Green House® model, created by Dr. William Thomas, founder of The Eden Alternative®, is based on three fundamental core values: Meaningful Life, Empowered Staff and Real Home, offering long-term care that looks and feels like a real home.
Our management company, VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING, is a nationally recognized leader and innovator in the long-term care industry. VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING is dedicated to person-centered care and we embrace the Eden Alternative™ philosophy. We bring “quality of life in aging” and “living well” to Long Term Care!
The primary responsibility of your the Nursing Home Administrator position is to plan, organize, develop, coordinate and manage the overall operations of the nursing home in accordance with federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations and in accordance with Vivage Management policies and procedures.
- Promotes Vivage’s philosophy of culture change and person-centered care model to ensure residents have the opportunity to grow and live enriched lives.
- Responsible for the overall financial performance of the facility.
- Assures adherence to all Vivage Management standards, programs, policies and systems.
- Chairs the facility’s Performance Improvement Committee and assures appropriate follow-up.
- Develops and implements a marketing plan to maintain facility viability and success; maintains occupancy and payor mix to maximize financial outcomes.
- Ensures the communication and enforcement of residents’ rights; reviews resident complaints and grievances; prepares written reports of action taken; discusses with resident and family as appropriate.
- Participates in governmental agency facility surveys.
- Monitors procurement and utilization of equipment and supplies sufficient to provide safe, sanitary, and quality resident services in all areas.
- Ensures that an adequate number of appropriately trained staff are on duty at all times to meet the needs of the residents.
- Maintains appropriate communication with Vivage Management regarding all clinical, financial and operational issues.
- Assures department managers plan, organize, develop, implement, evaluate and direct facility programs and activities.
- Recruits, trains and leads an effective professional team of managers who implement programs and services which reflect Vivage Management’s values, goals and ethics, and which support financial growth and stability.
- Working knowledge of long term care state and federal regulations, Medicare, Medicaid, employment law, OSHA and Worker’s Compensation.
- Effective management skills.
- Strong financial management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to deal tactfully with all levels of internal and external contacts.
- Ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret relevant programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and understand English.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Basic computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and email
- Effective organization and time management skills.
- Ability to work beyond normal working hours and on weekends and holidays as necessary.
- Bachelors degree in health care or related field.
- Valid Nursing Home Administrator license in good standing.
- Eden Associate preferred.
- Must have a minimum of five years supervisory experience in a long term care facility.
- Experience as a Nursing Home Administrator strongly preferred.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully when personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Must possess the ability to work harmoniously with and supervise other personnel.
- Must be knowledgeable of laws, regulations, and guidelines pertaining to hospital and nursing facility administrative procedures.
- Must possess the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures, etc., necessary for providing quality care and maintaining a sound operation.
- Must be able to communicate policies, procedures, regulations, reports, etc., to personnel, residents, family members, visitors, and government agencies/personnel.
- Must be knowledgeable of computer systems, system applications, and other office equipment.
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
Green House Homes @ Mirasol is proudly a managed facility of
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, Gender/Minority/Veterans/Disabled
No Agencies or Affiliates, please!