Regional Director of Operations
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Category (Portal Searching)
VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING, is a nationally recognized leader and innovator in the long-term care industry. VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING is dedicated to person-centered care and we embrace the Eden Alternative™ philosophy. We bring “quality of life in aging” and “living well” to Long Term Care!
Currently, we are seeking a Regional Director of Operations for our Corporate Office, to work closely with and manager our field operations teams. The primary purpose of the Regional Director of Operations is to manage and facilitate operations relevant to census development, financial performance, and administrative management including marketing, human resources, and maintenance keeping up with the current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern long term care and assisted living facilities. You are entrusted to ensure that the highest degree of quality care can be provided to our residents at all times.
- Supportive of Vivage Management’s mission, values, priorities and key indicators for success.
- Communicates Vivage Management programs, policies and expectations to facility management staff and monitors same.
- Supervisory skills, including mentoring and coaching skills.
- Interpersonal skills, including conflict management skills.
- Primary focus is on teams and organizational systems versus individuals or specific functions.
- Assists with recruitment, orientation and retention of facility administrators.
- Provides routine administrator performance evaluations (in conjunction with ownership groups or boards where appropriate).
- Evaluates overall facility performance, i.e., census, finance, quality, personnel, regulatory compliance, and makes recommendations for improvement or enhancement.
- Provides direction and assistance to facility management during crisis or media situations.
- Develops close working relationships with the Senior Vice President of Operations, Chief Operating Officer, and other key Vivage Management staff to facilitate Vivage corporate communication and successful operations.
- Develops and leads an effective team. Responsible for chairing Leadership Team Meetings, Regional Focus Meetings and other committee meetings as assigned. Review of activity programming for sufficient activities that promote residents’ physical, social, mental, and intellectual well-being, encourage resident independence and pursuit of interests, maintain an optimal level of psycho-social functioning, and retain in residents a sense of continuing usefulness to themselves and the community.
- Completes timely, quality site visit reports that address key indicators identified in the Operation’s Team Consolidated Report.
- Performs all other leadership duties assigned by the SVP of Operations.
- Must possess, as a minimum, a Bachelor’s Degree. A degree in Public Health Administration, or a health related degree is preferred but not required. Masters degree preferred.
- Must have, as a minimum, seven years experience in Long Term Care.
- Must have, as a minimum, five years experience in a management/supervisory capacity in a hospital or nursing facility.
- Knowledge of state and federal regulations as they apply to long term care facilities.
- Current unencumbered Nursing Home Administrator’s license in Colorado or actively pursuing.
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting.
- Ability to work effectively with CDPHE, Ombudsman, HCPF and related agency personnel.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial spreadsheets.
- Ability to make independent decisions and to take directive action when circumstances warrant such action.
- Ability to work with varied ownership groups in conjunction with corporate and facility staff.
- Ability to recruit and train NHAs for assigned facilities.
- Supervisory skills (including interpersonal skills).
- Ability to represent Vivage Management in a positive manner within the health care environment and at the facility level.
- Ability to have flexible hours and adjust schedule as necessary.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Ability to travel, including overnight stays.
- Must possess a valid Colorado driver’s license and proof of active insurance.
- Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age-related needs of the residents served.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully when personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of OBRA regulations, the survey process, survey tag numbers, and quality measures.
- Must be knowledgeable of reimbursement regulations and nursing practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines pertaining to nursing facility administration.
- Must possess the ability to work harmoniously with and supervise other personnel.
- Must possess the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures, etc., necessary for providing quality care and maintaining a sound operation.
- Must be able to communicate policies, procedures, regulations, reports, etc., to personnel, residents, family members, visitors, and government agencies/personnel.
- Must possess the ability to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into exiting practices.
- Must be able to read and interpret financial records, reports, etc.
- Must be knowledgeable of computer systems, system applications, and other office equipment.
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, Gender/Minority/Veterans/Disabled
No Agencies or Affiliates, please!