Director of Nursing - Parkmoor
- US-CO-Colorado Springs
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Category (Portal Searching)
At Parkmoor Village, we measure outcomes and successes based on what our residents, family members and employees consider important. We welcome and encourage you to take a tour to see and experience the difference at Parkmoor Village. We are dedicated – whether you are staying with us for only a few days or have decided to join us long term – to help you pursue possibilities and continue to stay involved in lifelong community activities and events.
- Our neighborhoods provide a warm and personalized atmosphere.
- Complimentary Therapies include Massage and Aromatherapy.
- Pets are welcome and are part of your recovery – ask about our Pet Program.
- Transportation is provided from local hospitals and to physician appointments.
- Transitional Care services for community placement.
- Memory Care services provided.
Our management company, VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING, is a nationally recognized leader and innovator in the long-term care industry. VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING is dedicated to person-centered care and we embrace the Eden Alternative™ philosophy. We bring “quality of life in aging” and “living well” to Long Term Care!.
Currently, Parkmoor Village is seeking a Full Time, Director of Nursing (DON) for its 125 bed skilled nursing facility in Colorado Springs, CO.
Our Directors of Nursing receive proven systems of care, technical nursing support, opportunities for professional development and more! In this position, you will have the opportunity to be an integral part of our Culture Change journey as you lead the clinical staff in planning, organizing, developing and directing overall operations of the nursing department.
A successful DIRECTOR OF NURSING for our company has these traits and attributes:
- Plans, develops, organizes, implements, evaluates, and directs the nursing service department, as well as its programs and activities.
- Recommends the number and level of nursing personnel to be employed and assists in calculating the number of direct nursing personnel care on duty each shift.
- Develops a written plan of care for each resident that identifies the problems/needs, indicated the care to be given, goals to be accomplished, and which professional service is responsible for each element of care.
- Demonstrated passion for caring as evidenced by interaction with co-workers, residents, families, and visitors.
- Participates in the interviewing and selection of residents for admission.
- Prepares and plans the nursing service department’s budget and works collaboratively with the site Administrator.
- Must possess a current, unencumbered, active license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state.
- Must possess a valid and unrestricted Driver’s License.
- Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age-related needs of the residents served.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully when personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Must possess the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures, etc., that are necessary for providing quality care.
- Must be able to relate information concerning a resident’s condition.
- Must be knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines that pertain to nursing care facilities.
- Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, as well as willingness to handle difficult residents.
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
- Must have, as a minimum, three (3) years of experience as a supervisor in a hospital, nursing care facility, or other related health care facility. Must have, as a minimum (6) months experience in rehabilitative and restorative nursing practices.
Parkmoor Village Healthcare Center is a proudly managed facility of
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, Gender/Minority/Veterans/Disabled
No Agencies or Affiliates, please!