Cook - North Star
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Category (Portal Searching)
- Food Service
North Star is an 85 bed home located just south of Mississippi and west of Federal BLVD, Our community serves persons living with the challenge od MS and chronic mental illness. The dietary department is an integral part of the care team providing not only nutriious meals but participating in special events and resident celebrations. Person centered care is at the core of North Star's care philosophy and dietary staff have much to contribute.
Our management company, VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING, is a nationally recognized leader and innovator in the long-term care industry. VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING is dedicated to person-centered care and we embrace the Eden Alternative™ philosophy. We bring “quality of life in aging” and “living well” to Long Term Care!
Currently, North Star is seeking afull time cook at their 85 bed skilled nursing community located in [City], [State]. Denver, Colorado ,
The primary responsibility of the COOK is to prepare food and ensure the nutritional care of residents. A successful COOK in our community has these traits and attributes:
- good team work skills
- [ability to multi task
- compassion and empathy for others
- great customer service skills
- Must be able to cook a variety of foods in large quantities.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must be knowledgeable of food procedures.
- Must possess, as a minimum, an 8th grade education.
- Prefer one year food experience in a supervisory capacity. It is preferred that the experience be in a hospital, nursing care facility, or other related medical facility.
North Star Rehabilitation and Care Community is proudly a managed facility of
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, Females/Minority/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
No agencies or affiliates please.