- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Job Locations
- Category (Portal Searching)
- Information Technology
VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING, is a nationally recognized leader and innovator in the long-term care industry. VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING is dedicated to person-centered care and we embrace the Eden Alternative™ philosophy. We bring “quality of life in aging” and “living well” to Long Term Care!
The primary responsbility of the Cable Technician is to install cable pathway systems, fire-stop systems, various electronic components, various cable that include, but are not limited to twisted pair cable, coax, power limited tray cable, stranded cable and solid conductor low voltage cable. This position also works diligently to perform installation tasks which include placement, termination, testing, labeling and documentation.
- Install cable pathway systems (cable trays, cable racks, J-hooks or D-rings)
- Install, terminate, test, label and document horizontal, backbone and other cables
- Dress and route cable into telecommunications closets, modular furniture and other work areas
- Build out telecommunication and equipment rooms
- Fire-stop various types of cable penetrations
- Test, troubleshoot, and document test results for cabling
- Understand, adhere to, and promote the Environmental, Health & Safety policies
- Perform/prepare timely field reporting of asset usage as required.
- Perform other duties as needs arise
- A High School Diploma or equivalent. (Vocational/Technical/Business School strongly preferred.)
- Must have a minimum of 1-5 years of experience in structured cabling.
- A technical understanding of voice, data, and fiber optic systems is required.
- Must have a valid driver's license and the ability to travel.
- Ability to read blue prints is required.
- Must have the ability to install, terminate and test low voltage cables and fiber optic cables (to include twisted pair cable, coax, power limited tray cable, standard and solid conductor low voltage cable, single mode and multi-mode fiber optic cables).
- Must possess working knowledge of ANSI/TIA/EIA cabling standards and the National Electric Code.
- Must possess good judgment.
- Should have strong organizational skills.
- Outstanding customer service skills are a must!
- BICSI certification a plus.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, Gender/Minority/Veterans/Disabled. No Agencies or Affiliates, please!