Assistant Director of Nursing - North Star
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Job Locations
- Category (Portal Searching)
Our home serves a community of persons who range in age from early 20s to mid-90s.The majority of these people live with the challenge of chronic mental illness. Our second largest population served is people with progressive multiple sclerosis.
We have programs and services to address emotional as well as clinical needs of these persons. North Star is additionally pleased to partner with our local PACE provider when their participants need 24 hour care. We are a lively community working in collaboration with multiple partners and engaged in the larger community.
Our management company, VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING, is a nationally recognized leader and innovator in the long-term care industry. VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING is dedicated to person-centered care and we embrace the Eden Alternative™ philosophy. We bring “quality of life in aging” and “living well” to Long Term Care!
Currently, North Star Care Community is seeking a Full Time ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF NURSING (ADON) at their 85 bed skilled nursing community located in Denver, CO.
The primary responsibility of the ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF NURSING position is to assist with planning, organizing, developing, and directing overall operation of our Nursing Service Department to ensure adequate and appropriate staffing of the facility nursing department to meet the needs of the residents based on budget, census, and as may be directed by facility administration current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern long term care and assisted living facilities.
You are entrusted to ensure that the highest degree of quality care can be provided to our residents at all times and delegated the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned duties.
- Point Click Care experience helpful
- Excellent opportunity for career growth with a growing company!
- Must be a graduate of an approved Registered Nurse program. Must maintain a current, unencumbered, active license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing preferred.
- Must have, as a minimum, one (1) year of experience as a supervisor in a hospital, nursing care facility, or other related health care facility. Prefer a minimum (6) months experience in rehabilitative and restorative nursing practices.
- Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age-related needs of the residents served.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully when personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Must possess the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures, etc., that are necessary for providing quality care.
- Must be able to relate information concerning a resident’s condition.
- Must be knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines that pertain to nursing care facilities.
- Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, as well as willingness to handle difficult residents.
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
- Must be knowledgeable of computer systems, system applications, and other office equipment.
North Star Care Community is proudly a managed facility of
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, Gender/Minority/Veterans/Disabled
No Agencies or Affiliates, please!