ADON / SDC - North Star
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Category (Portal Searching)
At North Star Community, we are dedicated to providing innovative services for all ages and needs. Whether you are coming to us for a short-term rehabilitation stay or have decided to call North Star your home, we care for the whole person – mind, body and spirit. Recognized by the by the National Multiple Sclerosis Society as a"Center for Promotion of Excellence in Long-Term Care”, North Star continues to champion innovative care for those afflicted with Multiple Sclerosis.
Our management company, VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING, is a nationally recognized leader and innovator in the long-term care industry. VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING is dedicated to person-centered care and we embrace the Eden Alternative™ philosophy. We bring “quality of life in aging” and “living well” to Long Term Care!
Currently, North Star is seeking a [Status] ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF NURSING (ADON)/STAFF DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR at their 75 bed skilled nursing community located in Denver ,Colorado
The primary responsibility of the ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF NURSING/STAFF DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR is to assist with planning, organizing, developing, and directing overall operation of our Nursing Service Department to ensure adequate and appropriate staffing of the facility nursing department to meet the needs of the residents based on budget, census, and as may be directed by facility administration current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern long term care and assisted living facilities. You are entrusted to ensure that the highest degree of quality care can be provided to our residents at all times and delegated the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned duties.
- Invested in sharing teaching skills to enhance others abilities and skills.
- Supportive of Trauma Informed Care.
- Willing to step up and lead.
- Enjoys working with a self directed team of managers.
- Offers solutions.
- Must have, as a minimum, one (1) year of experience as a supervisor in a hospital, nursing care facility, or other related health care facility.
- Must have, as a minimum (6) months experience in rehabilitative and restorative nursing practices.Must possess a current, unencumbered, active license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state.
- Must be a graduate of an approved Registered Nurse program.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing preferred.
- HR experience preferred, although on-the-job training provided for Staff Development.
- Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age-related needs of the residents served.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully when personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Must possess the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures, etc., that are necessary for providing quality care.
- Must be able to relate information concerning a resident’s condition.
- Must be knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines that pertain to nursing care facilities.
- Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, as well as willingness to handle difficult residents.
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
- Must be knowledgeable of computer systems, system applications, and other office equipment.
North Star Rehbailitation & Care Community is proudly a managed facility of
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, Gender/Minority/Veterans/Disabled
No Agencies or Affiliates, please!