Activities Associate - Part Time - Allison Care Center
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Job Locations
- Category (Portal Searching)
Our management company, VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING, is a nationally recognized leader and innovator in the long-term care industry. VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING is dedicated to person-centered care and we embrace the Eden Alternative™ philosophy. We bring “quality of life in aging” and “living well” to Long Term Care!
Currently, Allison Care Center is seeking a Part Time ACTIVITIES ASSOCIATE at their skilled nursing community located in Lakewood, CO. This position is approximately 20 - 30 hours per week.
The primary responsibility of the ACTIVITIES ASSOCIATE is to assist the Activities Director in planning, organizing, developing, and directing the overall operation of the Activities Department.
- Assist in developing, maintaining, evaluating, and directing the activity programs.
- Participate in community planning related to the interests of the facility and the needs of the residents and their family.
- Coordinate activities with other departments as necessary.
- Assist in the scheduling of activity care plans and assessments.
- Observe resident attendance, mood, behavior, and degree of involvement.
- Involve residents and family in planning facilities when necessary.
- Assist in arranging transportation when necessary.
- Provide daily activities for the resident.
- Perform administrative requirements, such as completing necessary forms, reports, etc.
- Assist with admissions, MDS and discharge documentation.
- Serve on, participate in, and attend various committees of the facility as appointed.
- Recommend to the Activity Director the equipment and supply needs of the activity department.
- Assist in developing volunteer activity assignments.
- Make routine visits to residents and perform assistance with crafts, projects, etc. as necessary.
- Assist in-room residents by visiting with them, writing letters, running errands, making appointments etc.
- Drives the company vehicle for resident outings, appointments, etc.; accompanies residents on trips outside of the community.
- Demonstrate a passion for caring as evidenced by interaction with co-workers, residents, families, and visitors.
- Perform all other duties, as assigned.
- Must be at least 25 years of age and possess a valid and unrestricted Driver’s License.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully when personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age-related needs of the residents served.
- Must possess the ability to work harmoniously with and supervise other personnel.
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
- Must possess, as a minimum, a high school diploma or its equivalent.
Allison Care Community is proudly a managed facility of
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, Gender/Minority/Veterans/Disabled
No Agenices or Affliates, please!