Activities Associate - Brookshire
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Category (Portal Searching)
Brookshire House Rehabilitation and Care Center is dedicated to providing rehabilitation and all stages of memory care services for those with Alzheimer's disease and dementia in a safe, welcoming environment. Brookshire is a premier choice for families in need of memory support. Along with working ties to the Rocky Mountain Alzheimer’s Association, we are a host site for the Alzheimer’s Association’s Art Therapy Program Memories in the Making. We also offer a family support group for dementia caregiver needs. Brookshire House features both secure and non-secure settings.
Our management company, VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING, is a nationally recognized leader and innovator in the long-term care industry. VIVAGE SENIOR LIVING is dedicated to person-centered care and we embrace the Eden Alternative™ philosophy. We bring “quality of life in aging” and “living well” to Long Term Care!
Currently, Brookshire House is seeking a Full Time ACTIVITIES ASSOCIATE at their 61 of bed skilled nursing community located in Denver, CO.
The primary responsibility of the ACTIVITIES ASSOCIATE is to assist the Activities Director in planning, organizing, developing, and directing the overall operation of the Activities Department.
- Assist in developing, maintaining, evaluating,and directing the activity programs.
- Participate in community planning related to the interests of the facility and the needs of the residents and their family.
- Perform adminstrative requirements, such as completing necessary forms, reports, etc.
- Assist in the scheduling of activity care plans and assessments.
- Observe resident attendance, mood, behavior, and degree of involvement.
- Involve residents and family in planning facilities when necessary.
- Provide daily activities for the residents.
- Must be able and possess a valid and unrestricted Driver’s License.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully when personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age-related needs of the residents served.
- Must possess the ability to work harmoniously with and supervise other personnel.
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
- Must possess, as a minimum, a high school diploma or its equivalent.
Brookshire House is proudly a managed facility of
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, Gender/Minority/Veterans/Disabled
No Agenices or Affliates, please!